Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
FINANCIAL MANAGER - 367188
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Maitland, Western Cape
Leading manufacturer of processed meat products is looking to appoint a Financial Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
1. Achievements of Financial Budgets in so far as influenced by responsibilities listed below.
2. The preparation and maintenance of annual Financial Budgets as well as any subsequent changes to said budgets on a quarterly basis and a record of the total difference of said changes on the overall budgeted NPAT.
3. Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts finalised within 10 Business Days from the end of the month to which the management accounts relate. This includes the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Trail Balance and any management dashboard required.
4. Stock Count Variance reporting and resolution through the identification of issues that give rise to the said stock count variance and the delegation of resolutions to those charged with oversight over the relevant stock. This also includes the design and follow up of Stock Control procedures which help to mitigate stock count variances in the future.
5. The management of personnel within the financial function; including but not limited to the Accounting Administrator, Creditors Controller and any other position that may arise in the future which would fall within the financial function. This includes the planning of weekly and monthly workflow and the delegation of specific activities related to, but not limited to, the aforementioned positions and the following up on said workflow and specific activities to ensure they have been executed as specified. This may include regular meetings with said personnel at consistent intervals so as to ensure the aforementioned staff members are appropriately positioned so as to achieve their deliverables.
6. The preparation of the accounts for Audit purposes. This includes communicating with The Company’s auditors so as to ascertain what information is required for the auditors to conduct their Audit timeously and with accuracy.
includes the design, delegation, communication and follow up of all necessary cash control procedures so as to mitigate any potential for theft, fraud and human error.
8. To assist the Managing Director and Board of Directors with the analysis of the feasibility of any financing and investment proposals and opportunities, through the preparation of any financial information that would assist in this endeavour.
9. Oversight of all information contained in the Inventory, Point-of-Sale (Arch) and Financial Reporting System (Pastel) to ensure its validity, completeness and accuracy as well as all matter related to the establishment and maintenance of The Company’s IT infrastructure and networks, both hardware and software.
10. To perform weekly pricing of all products pending consultation and authorisation with/from Managing Director. This includes the comparision of The Company’s product prices with that of Retailers serving the same product offering and LSM bandwith (being LSM 1-4).
11. To assist and team with the Managing Director on design and achievement of financial strategic objectives so as to ensure The Company is leveraging every advantage possible to enhance its financial performance and cash and financial position. This may include input into other functions in so far as their activities affect the financial function in any way.
12. The submission of all the relevant and required SARS documents timeously, this includes ensure that the information prepared for submission is valid, accurate and complete, as well as any follow ups are to be attended to with the SARS prescribed period and any documentation requested is to be provided.
13. The payment of suppliers and service providers timeously as well as the design, maintenance and implementation of audit checklists so as to ensure that all payments are valid, accurate and complete. And any other tasks necessary for the conduct of the employer’s business, as the employer may from time to time direct.
Desired Experience & Qualification
5 years retail financial management experience – must understand working with stock
B Comm level qualification with accounting as a major
Must be willing to go into the township once or twice per year if necessary for a store opening.
Pastel Evolution experience – preferable.
Food retail store experience – preferable. ( meat industry experience will be very beneficial).