Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
OPERATIONS MANAGER - REF 20353 - 364943
OPERATIONS MANAGER - REF 20353
Transport / Logistics / Warehousing / Storage / Distribution
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager with cross boarder transportation experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Retain and acquirer business through exceptional service delivery and relationship building.
· Perform regular operational audits to ensure compliance and provide reports.
· Coordinate the Operations and Controllers Team work. Delegate and split tasks, to ensure the department runs smoothly.
· Develop and lead a cohesive team capable of planning and executing day-to-day activities in a safe, professional, efficient and cost effective manner.
· Manage HR & performance & staff development of (Operations staff & Drivers).
· Assist in commercial and contractual negotiations.
· Update customers on the position of the cargo as an when changes take place; update customer specific delivery details when needed and/or required with the use of Magic Eye and FMS.
· Ensure cargo is allocated to trucks with due consideration to customer requirements and nature of the cargo.
· Ensure required arrangements are in place at all times for timely loading and offloading of cargo.
· Ensure required funds for each trip are issued by cashiers as agreed with management.
· Coordinate with the operations team on the loading and off-loading of trucks in SA, Zambia and DRC (warehouses, internal depot, customer designated locations, or specific requests from government authorities, etc.)
· Ensure required arrangements are made and communicated to the relevant operations staff to enable late release and offloading of trucks - this included weekends/holidays.
· Ensure requirements for specific loads have been communicated to drivers and follow up to ensure all instructions are followed.
· Monitor and report on truck movements.
· Monitor satellite tracking to identify drivers “not moving” and or any problems with reporting of satellite units.
· Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including HR requirements and internal policies.
· Liaise and coordinate with HR Department, regarding the control of driver’s documents validity, ensuring Proof of Delivery documents are collected from all drivers and all records are updated and liaise with HR Department in regards with driver grievances and concerns.
· Use Magic Eye to record all violations of the company policy for drivers as a tool to ensure performance is managed.
· Use Magic Eye to ensure adequate fatigue management and health and safety of the driver, truck and cargo is maintained at all times and on all routes.
· Liaise with representatives in South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and DRC to ensure that all issues are dealt with, response times remain quick and that border clearances and turnaround of trucks remain high priority.
· Report any deviation from regulations and/or any misconduct by any driver, in order to ensure corrective actions and/or disciplinary proceedings where necessary.
· Liaise and coordinate at all times with port and/or customs and/or road authorities procedures as relates to the company and the movement of our trucks.
· Monitor and supervise operations team, in order to ensure that all movements by trucks are updated accurately in FMS and Magic Eye.
· Contribute for the continuous development of FMS and Magic Eye operational modules to benefit and reduce wasted time.
· Ensure Magic Eye and FMS are used to their full functionality which allows for full control of the fleet at all times and full visibility and risk management.
· Report any accidents, thefts, fines or breakdowns to Management and ensure that all legal interests are followed up.
· Liaise with Workshop Department to ensure regular servicing and maintenance of the GDG fleet is maintained, ensuring that the fleet is both cosmetically sound and technically reliable to maintain a high safety record and professional image.
· Ensure that information related to the interests of the company and or the markets within which we operate are communicated to top Management.
· Contribute to innovative ideas or ways that may improve the operations and/or efficiency of the company and share/communicate it in a proper manner to management.
· Promote, drive and maintain a safe work environment and inspect equipment for safety compliance and report any unsafe equipment, tools or practices.
· Adhere, enforce and strictly comply with all HSE Manuals, Guidelines and Memos.
· Attend to any other assigned tasks as per instruction from management.
Desired Experience & Qualification
5 Years’ experience as an Operations Manager in a logistics / transport environment.
· Experience in managing cross boarder transportation.
· Staff management experience (HR, IR, staff development etc.).
· Academic Background: Relevant educational qualifications and training.
· IT Knowledge: excellent knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point).
· English - Good level of the English language, both written and spoken.
· Energetic hands-on individual with strong leadership skills.
· Conflict management ability.
· Decision maker and quick thinker.
· Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach.
· Good judgement and ability to lead by example by demonstrating high ethical and moral behaviour whilst ensuring compliance with the Health, Safety, Environmental & Security and Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption policies for yourself and any of our direct reports.
· Willingness to work late as per required workload.
Package & Remuneration
R45 000 - R70 000 p.m. negotiable depending on experience and qualifications