Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIST (BOYS OUTERWEAR) - 312368
PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIST (BOYS OUTERWEAR)
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Kuilsriver, Western Cape
Product Technologist (Boys Outerwear) Kuilsriver
Reviewing existing and developing new standards and specifications
• Compiling and issuing standards and product specifications
• Accurately assessing the implementation of standards and specifications in order to ensure consistent compliance across all departments and suppliers
• Providing technical expertise to the Boys Outerwear buying team and suppliers to consistently improve the quality of our Boys Outerwear merchandise and optimise customer satisfaction.
• To assess products against Company product specifications in accordance with the critical path.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience We are looking for an individual who:
• is passionate about product and quality
• has a strong problem-solving ability with regards to making decisions on fit and able to solve conflict effectively
• has excellent time management, organizing and administrative skills
• is deadline-driven and has a high energy level
• has sound communication skills
• is assertive with good negotiation skills
• takes responsibility and has a sense of pride in their work
• is able to maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances
• has a well-developed technical and analytical approach and is experienced in compiling technical briefs/packs
• has a sound knowledge and understanding of clothing manufacturing processes, together with proven experience in pattern making, grading and garment fit and measuring requirements
• Minimum 5 years factory experience on the production floor & sample room (including pattern-making)
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in a clothing manufacturing environment AND/OR
• 3-5 years of clothing retail experience in product/garment technology
• Working experience on relevant Computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Corel Draw)
• Exposure to dyeing, printing, pressing, ironing, fusing and finishing processes
• Experience in product development