Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
FINANCIAL DATA ANALYST - 315670
FINANCIAL DATA ANALYST
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Epping, Western Cape
R1541 - FINANCIAL DATA ANALYST - JUNIOR
Business Intelligence Analyst - Junior
Our client, based in Epping Industria, has been pioneering technology for about 20 years which assists to preserve fresh produce whilst it is being delivered globally. An opportunity is offered to an energetic, focused and highly analytical candidate to join this dynamic team to assist with a long term project, as they take their business to the next level globally.
THREE MONTH CONTRACT TO BE RENEWED
Conducts special studies to analyse financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control or action. Analyses financial information to determine present and future financial performance. May research and prepare economic reports. Performs routine business analysis using various techniques. May provide business data interpretation. May help to produce ad hoc data and reports. May assist in developing or implementing systems to capture business operation information.
• Identify, compare, and resolve data quality problems
• Evaluate large dataset for quality and accuracy
• Determine business impact level for data quality issues.
• Work through queues of data quality issues identified by system users.
• Work with business users and master data team to correct data quality errors.
• Determine root cause for data quality errors and make recommendations for long-term solutions.
• Research and determine scope and complexity of issue so as to identify steps to fix issue.
• Develop process improvements with team to enhance overall data quality.
• Develop and execute data clean-up measures.
• Extract data from various sources and convert it into meaningful information that can enhance the effectiveness of business decisions
• Maintain a record of original data and corrected data.
• Ensure adherence to data quality standards.
• Responsible data governance by doing quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
• Resolve all internal data exceptions in timely and accurate manner.
• Identify areas of improvement to achieve data quality.
• Analyse, query and manipulate data according to defined business rules and procedures.
• Formulating data governance policies.
• Document all data work done
Knowledge and skills
• Excellent Analytical skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent Power Bi skills
• 2-3 years’ relevant experience
• Relevant post graduate qualification - Finance/Business Administration/Sattistics/Economics advantageous
• VBS macro coding
• Data interrogation writing SQL queries (Microsoft SQL)
• Understanding and working with relational databases
• General knowledge of systems integration methods and requirements