Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER - LINBRO PARK - 369316
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER - LINBRO PARK
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Relevant Certificate - (Tertiary Education)
Wage / Salary:
R - Negotiable - P/M (Per Month)
Sandton , Gauteng
Senior Network Engineer – Service Provider Required in Linbro Park, Sandton
CMVAS is a national Network Operator who physically constructs and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and a few African countries. We are looking for a high-end, skilled networking engineer to assist with maintaining and growing our network. We provide many opportunities for growth and much training in this exciting career.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Troubleshooting of network faults
o Wireless link outages
o Wireless link degradations
o LTE link outages
o LTE link degradations
o LTE Routers
o Wi-Fi-related faults
• Configuration of networking equipment
o New wireless radios
o Internal wireless access points
o Routers (Mikrotik, LTE, etc)
o Switches (HP, Ubiquity, MikroTik, etc)
• Configuration of wireless links
o Configuration of new links and client service deployments
o Configuration of new wireless backhaul links implementing into the network.
o Tweaking of settings for optimal performance on existing links
o MikroTik configuration on new services and housekeeping
• Solution scoping and design
o New solutions required for ongoing / recurring faults.
o Solutions to client change / service requests
o Researching and testing of new wireless radio technologies for proposed usage and implementation
o Virtual infrastructure (MS Windows and Linux), creations, management, and maintenance
• Liaising with clients to acquire information about faults and confirm resolution.
o Assist clients with remote troubleshooting to determine the root cause of a fault.
• Liaising with 3rd party providers to acquire information about faults and confirm resolution.
o Liaise with upstream providers to troubleshoot and resolve any faults that occur.
o Investigating new peering possibilities via NAP or JINX and implementing the BGP peers.
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience within a service provider network environment
• Expert knowledge and skills in BGP, OSPF, advanced OSI model troubleshooting, MPLS.
• Knowledge of MikroTik routers and switches.
• Knowledge of MikroTik Wireless PTP and PTMP and Ubiquiti wireless PTP and PTMP.
• Advanced networking qualification/s – CCIE highly advantageous.
• Knowledge on NAS Storage products and High availability - advantageous.
• 3-year degree in computer science preferred.
• VOIP experience highly advantageous.
• Good communication and people skills – be a team player and a nice person, we are nice people and want to work with similarly minded people 😉.
• Honesty, integrity, patience and a good sense of humour will be welcomed here – we believe that everyone can and should enjoy their time at work.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, able to meet unmovable deadlines and enjoy being busy.
• If you are attention-to-detail oriented, enjoy a challenge and can multi-task, this is the position for you.