Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT (TELECOMS) - 362633
TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT (TELECOMS)
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Somerset West, Western Cape
My client supplies state of the art telecoms infrastructure and ISP services to urban, suburban and rural South Africa. They are seeking to employ a Field Technician Assistant in the Somerset West area to effectively execute tasks related to coordinating, implementing and support of network and service implementations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Planning and preparations of technical tasks, stock/materials, appointments
• Successful quality execution of technical tasks
• Perform, prepare and execute network construction and service implementation
• Perform, prepare and execute network maintenance, problem and incident management
• Perform site surveys for high sites and clients
• Successful execution of preparation process (stock, material, jobcards, admin, travel etc.)
• Follow process in ordering, managing and protecting stock
• Perform the required admin: jobcards, time registers, logbooks, surveys
• Perform stock take, management and control for stock/materials issued
• Undertake work during business and non-business hours, or as required by the company due to 27/4/365 operations
• Undertake work during business and non-business hours, or as required by the Customers or Vendors due to 27/4/365 operations
• A minimum of 2 year in the WISP industry.
• Experience on Microsoft office.
• Microwave/Wi-Fi technology
• High sites Construction and Maintenance
• Working on masts.
• Extensive travel and remote work
Understanding of microwave systems
Must be capable in setup of routers and AP’s(Wi-Fi-LAN)
Must be capable in setup of wireless links
Must be capable in setup of VOIP phones
Some understanding of AC and DC electrical circuits
Package & Remuneration
R Market Related - Negotiable