Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT - 369880
Transport / Logistics / Warehousing / Storage / Distribution
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Leading National Company is seeking a Financial Account to join their team! Need to have come from a Supply Chain store or Mass Logistics background. If you have what it takes apply now!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Daily downloading of bank statements and capturing bank balances on Finnivo;
· Processing payments according to signed off payment schedule;
· Process interbank transfers according to a signed off schedule;
· Processing daily and monthly cashbook transactions and ensure that all transactions are accolated accurately;
· Ensure accurate and timeous daily receipts, including debit orders;
· Preparation and distribution of interdivisional debit notes for the on charging of expenses;
· Ensure effective control of 13 cashbooks and monthly reconciliation of these to the bank statements;
· Ensure effective control of petty cash and monthly reconciliation to signed off cash count sheets;
· Bi-weekly completion of the cash flow forecast on Finnivo and cash flow comparison template;
· Reconciliation of monthly cellphone usage;
· Reconciliation of monthly petrol usage;
· Completion of the payroll input report for sign off by Finance Manager;
· Reconciliation of the payroll register to the payroll input report;
· Monthly payroll reconciliation;
· Maintain daily accurate filing;
· Management of stock (media, consumables, stationery) in Syspro, ensuring it is accurate at month-end;
· Facilitate structured and accurate stock counts;
· Calculation of stock obsolescence provision;
· Loading of payments on banking platform and managing the approval process;
· Ensures all processes are followed;
· Assists with internal auditors, including implementing necessary changes;
· Assists with the external audit;
· Assists the accountants and the FM in the completion of all their duties and responsibilities (including month-end reporting and other reports, budgeting, etc.);
· Various ad-hoc tasks from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
3-5 years experience in Financial accountant role;
BCom Acc degree;
Experience with working with multiple ERP systems;
Syspro experience beneficial;
Excellent excel, word and written communication skills.
Attention to detail and ability to work accurately and deliver quality outputs;
Strong service delivery ethic;
Excellent problem-solving skills;
Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and relationship-building skills;
Having a continuous improvement mindset;
Willingness to work overtime if and when needed