Our client is looking for two Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Coordinators to represent the Johannesburg, Pretoria and Online Campus. The WIL Coordinator will provide effective coordination of the Work Integrated Learning Department for the dedicated campus. The role will support, coordinate and administrate all WIL-related activities with the students enrolled in their studies on the Johannesburg, Pretoria and Online Campus. The WIL Coordinator will work in close liaison with the Head of Work Integrated Learning, Head of Campus for Johannesburg and Head of Campus for Online in fulfilment of their duties and responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Each WIL Coordinator will be responsible for the following areas:
1) Support students whilst completing their practical hours while completing
their WIL programme.
2) Source new placement sites, and maintain strong relations with existing
community placement sites.
3) Work closely with the Academic and Campus Administration Departments
on the respective campuses.
4) Manage the work of educators and supervisors assisting with supervision
of the professional students on the respective campuses.
5) Coordinate WIL1 and WIL2 elements for all undergraduate WIL prog.
6) Conduct and teach preparatory workshop for all undergraduate WIL prog.
7) Coordination and Teaching of Bpsych Equivalent Practicum workshops
8) Network and liaise with organisations in the fields
9) Ongoing contact with placement sites form the beginning, middle and end
10) Assist placement and practicum students with finding placements
11) Supervision of all placement and practicum students
12) Mid placement evaluation: Oversee students in the field and liaising with
13) Students’ final assessment and evaluation
14) Recruit, contracting and training of practicum supervisors
15) Promote social impact
16) Report and discuss student concerns with HOTL and Student Services
The role will report directly to the Head of Campus and will work in close collaboration with the Head of Work Integrated Learning.