Our client is looking for a Product Owner. They will be the key stakeholder representing Users and Business in working together with our Technology Teams to deliver high quality software products. Reporting into the Product Manager, the Product Owner will be responsible for validating product ideas with reviews of plans and work-in-progress with Customers, Architects and Product Teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Work with Stakeholders to help develop the product strategy and business cases.
• Define and clearly communicate a prioritised roadmap plan that implements the strategy, including measurable improvements.
• Understand high level Epic requirements and decompose these into smaller packages of work for implementation within Scrum Team.
• Build and maintain excellent Stakeholder relationships.
• Actively seek input from internal and external Stakeholders and complete competitor analysis to keep abreast of industry and best practice.
• Work with the Business Stakeholders to produce detailed user journeys, acceptance criteria and designs ready for implementation.
• Assist with product /system/process documentation to support Users and Business continuity.
• Work with the scrum Team and Product Manager to deliver key milestones, including managing and prioritising the story backlog to ensure the work items delivered meet expectations.
• Provide regular updates to stakeholders on strategy, successes, learning and progress on product vision.
• Overall owner of the product backlog, keeping the Business and Tech Teams informed of work delivered.
• Understand the strategic and competitive position of the product, carry out competitive analysis and deliver value adding increments.
• Lead and inspire the Scrum Team to instil quality, encourage innovation and reduce defects.
• Bachelor's degree required, a computer related discipline preferred. (Experience may take the place of a degree).
• 2 years’ experience in a technology environment, including Product Owner or Business Analyst and an understanding of standard software development life cycle for enterprise software applications. • Demonstrates consistent behaviour aligned to the Organizational Culture. • Proficient with Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence) or similar • Proven experience in working effectively in a professional manner with Technology teams, Business Stakeholders, End-Users, Management and others outside of the organisation.
• Understanding of standard software development team roles and responsibilities.
• Understanding of scrum framework and agile methodologies.
• Knowledge and experience of working with Agile Scrum delivery methods and a good understanding of the Product Owner role.
• Knowledge of requirements capture and specification techniques.
• Experience of conducting user research and working with teams to develop wireframes and specifications for new product features.
• Experience of working with remotely located Stakeholders and/or Development Team.
• Project management skills including, product-based planning techniques, business case creation and maintenance, and issues & risks management.
• Experience of managing multiple feature development in one backlog.
• Experience of managing projects, BAU work and product roadmap priorities simultaneously.
• An understanding of software development an ability to work closely with technology teams in scheduling functional and non-functional requirements.
• Knowledge of behavioural driven development and continuous integration.
• Organisation & Planning
• Change Management
• Time Management
• Problem Solving
• Stress Tolerance
• Building relationships