Our technology client in Rondebosch Cape Town is looking for a well experienced Senior Bookkeeper with 5 -7 years’ experience. Candidate must be strong with multi-tasking and prioritising skills, a prover problem-solver that uphold high quality service and build effective working relationships with staff, management, and industry contacts. Must have exceptional time-management skills and be detail orientated.
Salary Very Negotiable includes 50% medical & pension.
• Relevant Accounting Bookkeeping Qualification a bonus BUT not a MUST
• 5-7 years plus as a Senior Bookkeeper overseeing the Cape Town Finance Department.
• Computer literate in - Microsoft Office, Excel, Pastel and VIP Payroll
• Full Payroll Experience wages and permanents – VIP Payroll (40-50 staff)
• Full SARS Efiling, easy file statutory experience
• Able to effectively and efficiently manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles.
• Managing and overseeing ALL financial aspects of the financial department including 3 staff members, ensuring effective processing of all accounting/bookkeeping, reporting and financial compliances.
• Process Cash Books and perform monthly reconciliations – PASTEL Evolution
• Enforce company financial procedures and ensure that all payments are authorised before payment thereof.
• Petty Cash Management and Asset Register Management
• Processing and reconciliation of Accounts Payable
• Preparing invoices and reconciliation of Accounts Receivable
• Reporting and follow up – on all Accounts receivable
• Perform reconciliation of all control accounts and prepare any necessary journals.
• Preparation of monthly / annual VAT, EMP returns etc.
• Processing and management of Weekly Wages and related costs.
• Monitoring and preparation of accruals, prepaids and provision for future costs.
• Prepare audit files to submit to external auditors.
• Cash flow forecasting, prepare any ad hoc reports as requested by management