Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
C & I TECHNICIAN - 370320
C & I TECHNICIAN
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
East Rand, Gauteng
While on shift, ensure maximum plant availability.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Takes part in plant optimization trials, providing advice, assistance and guidance where required,
• Analyze plant failure modes and investigate causes for repeat failures to identify and correct root causes,
• Takes part in evaluating continuous improvement opportunities identified by the production teams or engineering support,
• Define and ensure adequate strategic spares stock levels,
• Implement procedures critical to the safeguarding of equipment, ensuring that a safe environment is provided for all Company employees engaged in the operation of machinery,
• Execute projects to improve equipment up time and resolve quality, production and operating issues, towards improving yields and maximizing plant utilization,
• Maintain and improve communication, develop good IR and ensure that H & S and housekeeping requirements are met,
• Coach and develop team members in line with the skills development (Knowledge sharing).
• To carry out/ take on (delete as appropriate) any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed. (this standard should be used in all job descriptions, amending the pink font according to the level of person)
• Integration of functions/activities
1.1.1. Interaction with Production, IS, Stores, Planning Department, Technical Services.
1.1.2. Executing daily, weekly and monthly PM and Calibration Schedules.
1.1.3. Manpower, spares and equipment,
1.1.4. Equipment availability.
• Area of responsibility
1.1.6. ACP & ACS
• Communication with others
1.1.7. Production and Engineering Staff (IS Team, Superintendent/Team Leaders/Coordinators/Line Leaders/Artisans/Operators)
• Escalation Authority / Process – Escalate to Shift Team Leader/Maintenance Superintendent
• Reports - Detailed 5Y Analysis.
• Systems - Good understanding of SAP, MES, RCM, Industrial Automation Software (PLC, SCADA, Panel view).
• People - None.
• Processes - Good understanding RCM.
Requirements may change at any given time at the discretion of the area manager or superior.
Overtime as and when required.
Standby & Call Outs.
Any other job requirements.
This describes what is required to do the job, it may not describe the current job holder but should describe the typical attributes or traits needed for success in the position.
Qualifications/ knowledge/ experience
(Technical/ professional knowledge and skills competency)
Control and Instrumentation Trade Test
4 to 5 years practical experience in automation where PLC / SCADA is used Essential
Instrumentation calibration experience.
Competence in reading / interpreting P&ID,
Sound knowledge of Plant process control
Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings.
Good knowledge on industrial networks (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Ethernet, Profibus and ASi).
Good understanding of motion control.
Capability to ensure that all instrumentation complies with the requirements of the OSHAct and ISO 9002.
Good understanding of control modules (ISA-95, S88 and PackML).
Personal skills and key competencies
(including Company behavioural competencies)
Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals. Essential
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Essential
Safety awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Intense thinking – objective, Identify issue, define solution and resolve the problem
The individual must have strong analytical thinking skills and the ability to solve issues under pressure