Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
GL ACCOUNTANT - 369330
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
East Rand, Gauteng
The role reports to the Plant Accounting Services Manager and is responsible for all Plant Transaction Accounting, Account maintenance and Trial Balance preparation for a defined set of GL accounts.
The GL accountant is a key role alongside the Metal Accountant supporting the Accounting Services Manager in preparing an accurate TB, ensuring all transactions are captured, work closely with AR, AP (SSC) etc. and ensures controls and accounting policies are applied.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for preparing monthly Trial Balance including preparation of journals for management adjustments, fixed assets and depreciation, capital projects, and intercompany allocations.
• Independently prepare general ledger and fixed asset reconciliations.
• Establish and maintain Fixed Asset policies and procedures with support from Plant Financial Accountant.
• Establish and maintain effective accounting policies working with the Plant Compliance & Control and Sector Controlling team ensuring they are effectively operationalised.
• Record capital project spending and provide project transactional reporting to enable monitoring of capital projects.
• Coordinate the stocktake process with the Supply Chain team and manage the stocktake reconciliation process to ensure physical stocks tie in with the book balances, in line with a defined policy for inventory management as agreed with the Plant Financial Accountant.
• Responsible for managing GL transactions for product costs working with the Plant Insights & Decision Support team to source transactional data, including:
o Source data on process of conversion from Raw Materials to WIP and Finished Goods, and correct valuation of the inventory including calculation of Overhead.
o Review all work orders (PO process orders) from production and capture all relevant costing in SAP.
o Updates to transfer prices and prepare reconciliation of toll cost and revenue.
• Ensure timely reports are available from SAP and other spreadsheets for management information purposes as and when requested.
• Create, maintain and close GL account codes; project account codes and fixed asset master data files.
• Drive continuous improvement of GL accounting processes, identifying process and control inefficiencies, defining business requirements to address these, and implementing solutions directly or via Company Clean Air change management governance.
• Demonstrate excellent process knowledge and act as the transactional SME for Plant accounting (excluding Metal) to Sector and Plant stakeholders, including Shared Services.
• Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules, fixed asset schedules, capital project schedules and other activity.
• Working relationships with the plant finance Compliance & Control and the Insights & Decision Support team.
• Primary responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of the Plant Trial Balance for a defined set of GL Accounts.
• Feedback and validation of key accounting judgements.
Qualifications/ knowledge/ experience
(Technical/ professional knowledge and skills competency)
University degree qualification
Professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACA, CIMA or equivalent
Significant experience embedding compliance to accounting policies and controls in a global organisation
Accounting Standards Ability to apply knowledge of applicable Accounting Standards and Cost
Significant and substantial experience within Finance function preferably in the manufacturing environment
Experience of chemicals / automotive industry
Ability to work collaboratively and provide appropriate challenge, insight and influence through process knowledge, often under time pressure
Good understand of product costing in the context of Financial Accounting
Microsoft Office and knowledge of SAP
Personal skills including Company behavioural competencies
Strong communication skills
Good Financial accounting skills in a manufacturing environment
Strong analytical skills which will be rapidly interpret and to know how to explain and act with complex information
Good planning and organizational skills with ability to prioritise workload according scope and tight deadlines
To build positive working relationship supported by strong communication skills (writing and verbal), to have interactions with all levels of business, clients and auditors
Good team working skills
Propensity for continuous improvement and learning
Good written, verbal communication and ability to collaborate with a multi-department team
Role model of the Company Values
Key Finance Competencies
Financial Control & Systems Intermediate
Risk Evaluation and Management
Accounting, Processes & Reporting
Strategy and Investor Perception
Business Planning, Financial Performance and Analysis
Maximise Value (Business Case, Commercial Acumen, Cash, Working Capital, Business Processes)
Tax Compliance & Management
Treasury Management & Risk Reporting