Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
PRODUCTION MANAGER - 364603
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
Ensure correct production planning, organisation and execution with regards to timing, quantity and quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Find out what needs to be produced - liaise with Internal Sales and Logistics Manager
· Plan production ahead (documented in production plan, visually available for others)
· Plan smart and efficient (what is the best size of a production run)
· Ensure resources availability
o Machines – liaise with Technical Manager
o Material – liaise with Logistics Manager
o People – liaise with Human Resources Department
· Ensure right timing of production (according to plan and urgencies)
· Ensure production quality according to specifications
· Ensure correct production numbers
· Ensure correct product codes
· Ensure efficient production
· Liaise with Technical Manager to ensure machine availability vs. major maintenance intervals
· Have an overview what needs to be done
· Assign tasks to team with completion dates and follow up
· Identify training or information needed by subordinates and ensure internal/external training is given
· Monitor and regularly evaluate the overall performance of subordinates
· Ensure discipline of subordinates (e.g. tardiness, sick leave, etc.) and draw consequences for them (e.g. compliment for good, warnings for bad work or attitude)
· Ensure sound relationships and communication with internal work-related staff (Internal Sales, Logistics, QC, Technical Department, etc.) and external (Bowler Plastics Toolroom, Production Department, Planning Department, suppliers, etc.)
· Strive for improvement, make suggestions
· Analyze Defect Register together with Technical department to improve production result
· Plan for the year ahead, work on budget for capex (capital expenditure = invests) and maintenance
· Develop documents for check lists, planning, result capturing and analyzing
· Ensure and document production planning and production according to the plans
· Monitor and document production performance
· Ensure settings and setting adjustments by Production Team are documented
· Ensure that all relevant documentation, records and reports are completed accurately and correctly.
· Develop job descriptions for team together with HR and ensure these are up to date
· Capture team’s leave days, timekeeping, housekeeping, etc. and report to superior and HR
· Ensure that all instructions are reasonable and lawful and conform to standards.
· Ensure that you act in an advisory capacity when required and that information given is clear and understood.
· Run a Production plan (compare plan and reality, analyze what can be improved)
· Run a Production record
· Run a Defect register (analyze what can be improved)
Health & Safety
· Ensure and enforce that aspects in area of responsibility conform to Health and safety requirements.
· Maintain housekeeping standards in area of responsibility (e.g. ensure cleanliness of production facility, areas used by production staff)
· Work safely and report on safety hazards or issues
Self-Development, Growth and Training
· Keep abreast of innovation and production/production planning/production evaluation related improvements for further self-development and the development of the company.
o Keep contact to your key suppliers and discuss with them
o Read literature that has to do with your position (e.g. on the internet, Google, etc.)
· Perform additional tasks as required from time to time
· Ensure team knows what to do and where to find information if you are not available
· Inform yourself about and apply the company's principles and standards
· Set an example, be a role model for your team and others in the way you work and behave
The Production Manager is in charge of planning and execution of production and, through others, reject sorting and grinding and delivery of final product to the warehouse.
He carries out rectification on non-conformances and corrective actions, when so requested.
He generally promotes quality in all production activities and regularly reports on production results to management.
The function requires an excellent knowledge of the product, a commitment to adhere to specifications and to serve Customers and to provide leadership. The function also requires a commitment to continually improve methods and efficiency.
Desired Experience & Qualification
5 - 8 Years Experience as a Production Manager
Plastics / Injection Mould Experience A huge advantage