Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
PLANT MANAGER - 334072
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Overall responsibility for the operational affairs of the specific production site which will include; Production, planning (logistics, raw materials, order entry), health and safety, quality control, administrative and financial functions. To lead and co-ordinate the branch departments and contractors in order to optimize branch performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure correct and timely order capturing
• Ensure interactive liaison of sales, order entry, production and logistics to ensure timely product availability and delivery.
• Timely delivery of raw materials. Liaison with Head Office in respect of Raw Materials
• Cost effective management and adequate maintenance of transport and fleet.
• Directly responsible for company pool vehicle
• Responsible for quality procedures and management of incoming and outgoing raw materials and products.
Administer IT on site.
• In conjunction with Head Office draw up and implement operating procedures.
• Responsible for CAPEX, costings and feasibility studies of new investments and improvements.
• Obtain quotes for expenses.
• Liaise with suppliers.
• Authorize all cash and petty cash payments.
Admin and HR:
Responsible for maintaining discipline and ensuring that disciplinary steps are implemented in conjunction with Head Office.
• To ensure that regular staff meetings are held and minuted.
• Ensure a motivated and positive staff compliment.
• Responsible for the adherence of all staff to all procedures and systems. Ensure that all works instructions and standard operating procedures are adhere to.
• In conjunction with Head Office ensure that EE and SD Plans and submitted and implemented.
• Responsible for authorization for use and payment of casual employees.
• Ensure that all personnel are skilled and trained according to works instructions and ensure ongoing training in conjunction with the HR Department.
• In conjunction with head office ensure that required training is done and claimed according Human resource policies.
• Daily execution of company ERP(CDNXL) procedures and policies.
• Preparing and monthly reviewing the annual branch budget.
• Manage branch to achieve budgeted targets.
• Involved in HR related activities.
• Supervision of staff members.
• Asset control – Implement systems and controls to control and monitor assets
Production and Maintenance:
Responsible for product quality through the management of subordinates, utilities and efficiencies.
• Responsible for the correct and efficient receipt, batching and production of all products.
• Responsible for all stock. Manage stock to be within agreed variation tolerances. Investigate and explain stock variances.
• Continuously improving the productivity of the production operations.
• Ensure a proactive and cost effective maintenance program on all branch assets. This include a well-equipped and managed works shop, stock and artisans.
• Analysis of maintenance records with regular feedback to management and other departments on quality, safety, risk, and logistical utilities and efficiencies, down time and condition of production equipment.
• Together with Production and Maintenance identify, implement and monitor the areas of plant utilities, efficiencies, safety and risk, so providing an effective service.
Quality, Risk, Helath and Safety, Secuity and Housekeeping:
Ensure at all times, that personnel reporting to you, work according to product and personnel quality and safety standards.
• Ensure that Health & Safety and Housekeeping is done in accordance to Procedures and put checks in place.
• Ensure that all Quality, Safety, Risk, Environmental, Production and Logistical, systems are maintained.
• Ensure that subordinate-compiled product & process quality statistics/results are in a reporting format acceptable to internal & external customer requirements.
• Responsible to ensure that the companies “Product & Process related” corrective actions are managed and that comprehensive investigations/analysis to identify root-cause and to initiate the appropriate corrective action for permanent-fix, to prevent recurrence take place.
• Responsible to ensure that specific training on new quality technologies and critical quality and safety and risk processes are conducted.
• Ensure at all times the Safety of, Personnel, Products and all work procurements.
• Co-ordinate security activities by ensuring that the security is of a standard whereby property and personnel are safe.
• Responsible for the ongoing workings of Safety and Risk teams.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Extensive knowledge of management - specifically milling and logistics
Knowledge of safety, risk management
Degree / Diploma in Production Management or Operations Management