Please Submit: Updated MS Word CV; RFL ALL Employment History Incl Current; Current Salary P/M; Recent semi-professional head and shoulders photograph of yourself
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Metallizer Operator from the Manufacturing industry, this is a permanent Shift based position based in Cato Ridge, Durban, Kwazulu Natal. Core exposure to:
Food Safety, Manufacturing Environment
Quality, 5S, PPE, Working in pressurised environments & climates
• Grade 12 Non Negotiable; Maths and English preferred
• Qualification Food Safety Certificate
• 3 years of experience operating Metalizer machinery in a converting machinery environment
• Healthy & Fit – not a suitable or safe environment for hypertensive or diabetic applicants
• Ability to accurately read a tape measure
• Ability to be self-directed and multitask
• Ability to follow directions & be punctual (on time)
• Ability to lead and manage the performance of others
• Ability to obtain overhead crane license and operate overhead crane
• Residing in eThekwini, Umlazi, Pietermaritzburg, Cato Ridge & Surrounds
Able to work Shift Positions:
• 4 Day shift 06H00 – 18H00
• 4 days Off
• 4 Night Shift 18H00 – 06H00
• 4 days Off
Operate Metalizer to:
• Perform to quality, waste, and production standards and goals
• Meet or exceed the customers (both internal and external) expectations
• Meet the highest of quality standards
• Communicate orally and/or in writing to other departments for resolution of mechanical problems, reporting defective material, coordination of job preparations, changeovers and daily shift information
• Report production accurately and timely including waste, WIP, time codes, raw materials, etc.
• Ensure your own safety while operating the machine and that of those assisting with operations
• Manage the duties of an operator including but not limited to:
• Responsible for inspecting base film roll hardness.
• Responsible for inspecting metalized film quality.
• Check all drive rollers at Metallizer
• Proper handling of Tools & check availability
• Disposal old scrap in plant
• Responsible for weighing and packaging of cut film
• Responsible for accomplishing all forms necessary for metalized production and process control.
• Follow procedure and work instruction diligently.
• Suggest modification, improvement, change in procedure or methods with reference to increase productivity and efficiency
• Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related task and results as needed.
• Perform daily housekeeping duties to keep area clean and organized during setup, run and end of shift
• Remove and weigh all waste
• Keep trash waste separated from recycle materials
• Properly store all unused equipment
• Inspect the product for any quality defects before sending to Slitting / Packing.
• Monitors System Process Controls (SPC’s) information and ensures action is taken in response to out of tolerance conditions, both process and product
• Responsible for reading and understanding the Operating Procedure Manuals (OPM’s) & Work Instructions (WI’s)
• Ensures samples submitted to the Lab are taken correctly and in a timely manner, particularly to fulfil Certificate of Analysis (COA) requirements.
• Assist in non-conformance investigations, as needed and or requested
• Ensure suitable material hold/quarantine process as needed and requests
• Read and understand Work Instructions in regards to food safety
• Ensure documented completion of assigned inspections, checklists, and audits
• Ensure proper hygiene practices are followed
• Understand, support and participate in 5S initiative
• Ensure work areas are maintained to Visual Standards
• Ensure 5S audits are performed and documented at specified time frames for their assigned area during shift
• Responsible for complying with all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
• Read and understand all manuals relative to safety, food safety, training and process control-production and equipment safety
• Attend and participate in required monthly safety meetings
• Identify hazards and risk factors in the work area that may affect health or safety and take corrective action immediately. Report those that cannot be immediately corrected to the In charge and/or Safety Coordinator
• Responsible for and ensuring your ability to safely operate line equipment and other equipment (i.e. Hand jacks, hoists and forklifts)
• Ensures the safe handling and labelling of chemicals as per MSDS
• Production floor - not climate controlled with no heating or air conditioning with high temperatures in summer months and possible cold temperatures in winter months
The competencies essential to performing effectively in this role include:
• Learning, Informing, Reporting, Deciding, Checking Objects
• Reviewing, Using Instruments, Teamwork, Following Instructions, Checking Written Information, Performing physical tasks, Using a Keyboard/Computer, Calculating/Counting
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.