The role focuses on sales and distribution to the lower income bracket in South Africa and gives great exposure to the distribution environment, and interaction with the sales force. The incumbent will also need to work closely with actuarial colleagues in the Finance and Product areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Distribution channel modelling (demographic and financial modelling of the costs and benefits of remuneration and reward structures). Suggesting areas for improvement and alignment given business objectives.
· Business planning and forecasting of sales numbers and distribution expenses.
· Design of remuneration and incentive models for distribution channels aligned with business strategic intent.
· Communication of remuneration and incentive criteria.
· Regular reporting of sales and other business metrics to senior management.
· Provide insight and assistance to sales channels on business management.
· Liaise with finance and actuarial business partners to develop and maintain financial models of the business.
· Management and development of 1 actuarial student in order to meet deliverables.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualified actuary or an actuarial student with minimum of 14 actuarial credits and 6 years actuarial experience
Business acumen and negotiation skills.