Do you enjoy a busy day? Join this dynamic group and assist the operations department of a property rental company.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Day to day maintenance
· Operations and maintenance secretary.
· Receiving calls from Tenants regarding maintenance complaints.
· Receiving calls from subcontractors and suppliers.
· Reporting problems to National Operations -, Regional Operations -, Operations Manager and / or National Operations Manager assistant.
· Liaise with suppliers in case of emergencies.
· Log Job, quotes and orders on MDA system once Operations manager signed quote and R&M register is completed daily.
· Typing maintenance job specifications as per Operations manager / assistant instructions and distribute to relevant contractors for quotations.
· Issue orders via MDA Property management system to contractors.
· Receiving of signed off/ Approved Tax Invoices for payment.
· Finish process regarding Job/ Orders on MDA Property management system and prepare supplier payments.
· Liaise with suppliers regarding their payments, jobs status, and outstanding invoices.
Fixed service contracts (Security, Cleaning etc.)
· Assist with the tender process - Send invitations and tender specifications to potential fixed service contractors, co-ordinate returned tender documents.
o Manage tenders and contract for new buildings/malls
· Manage the process of new Service Contracts. The process entails the drafting of the Service Contracts, liaise with the contractors and the operations manager to sign the contracts and file the original signed contracts for safe keeping.
· Check monthly that service invoices are in accordance with fixed contract agreements and discuss differences with Operational manager and Asset manager for approval.
· Liaise with fixed service contractors regarding invoicing and related matters.
· Capture Contract Invoices on MDA Property Management system and prepare payments.
· Liaise with creditors regarding their payments.
· Prepare monthly meeting packs
· Take monthly meeting minutes and distribute.
· Compile monthly meeting report.
· Assist with management meeting preparation packs after internal monthly meeting
· Filing of all necessary documents, hard copy as well as electronic filing.
· Typing of documents and correspondence re. Technical Services.
· Keeping all necessary reference documents up to date.
· Controlling Key register.
· Full assistance to Operations manager.
· Update address book of contractors & suppliers.
· Update emergency list.
· Update December standby list each year.
· Updating income and expense notes for the Operational manager each month.
· Filtering the monitor jobs report each month.
· Sending remittance advices to all suppliers at the end of the month.
· Assist with Property Fund Accruals each month.
· Preparation for Audits when needed.
· Managing department company vehicles.
· Setting up meetings with contractors.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Grade 12 certificate. Subjects Mathematics and Accounting are a requirement.
· 1 Years creditors administration experience.
· Knowledge of operations and maintenance in the property industry would be to an advantage.
· Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Knowledge of the MDA Property Management program would be an advantage.
· Driver’s license and own transport.