Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
ANALYST PROGRAMMER II, APPLICATION INTEGRATION TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT - 362204
ANALYST PROGRAMMER II, APPLICATION INTEGRATION TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Western Cape, Western Cape
Analyst Programmer II, Application Integration Technology Development
Our Client, a reputable retail company with their head offices based in Cape Town in on the search for a passionate Analyst Programmer II to join their team.
Analyse Integration & Middleware requirements, design, implement and support technical systems. This is a permanent position.
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly
- Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to adapt to change
-Analysis, technical design and development aligned to team processes & requirements
o Develop technical specifications from systems specifications.
o Design and code integration programmes of greater complexity and size from technical specifications.
-Maintain and support existing systems
o Interpret user requirements and translate into integration design.
o Investigate and solve systems issues.
o Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
-Ensures effective operations
o Implement approved changes as per change control and security process
o Plan, organise and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to own and other relevant areas
- 3 year IT Diploma
- Specific analysis, integration and development skills
- Project management methodology
- Relevant business process context knowledge
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools
- Great technical skills and programming ability
- Programming experience in Java or Python (or any modern programming languages)
- Must be comfortable and understand OO, SOA and API concepts
- Able to develop SOAP- and REST API's using XML and JSON formats
o Middleware & Interation technologies: IBM Integration BusMessage Broker, IBM MQ
o Cloud-based technologies and platforms (AWS, Azure, Lamda functions, serverless computing, etc.)
o Event-streams platforms - Kafka, Confluent, etc.
o API management platforms - IBM API Manager, WS02, etc.