Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
TRAINER - HEAVY INDUSTRY/MINING - 340817
TRAINER - HEAVY INDUSTRY/MINING
Engineering / Mining / Industrial
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
My client in the mining industry is looking for a Trainer to join their team in Empangeni, KZN.
The purpose of the role is to deliver training classes/subjects to employees along with subject matter experts. The training sessions include classroom, web-based, one-on-one coaching, on-the-job training and assessments (including equipment training).
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Track and analyse effectiveness of training programmes by examining job performance.
• Assist in conducting training needs analysis and identifying employees training needs.
• Develop new, and update existing, training materials to reflect changes in on-going operations and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Assist with planning and implementation of new training programmes to meet training requirements.
• Conduct practical and theoretical training in alignment to course content. Potential candidates are practically and theoretically trained on specified equipment and are available for production in agreed time.
• Deliver training classes/subjects to audiences along with subject matter experts. Training sessions include classroom, one-on-one coaching, on-the-job training and one on one assessment.
• Translation of Training manuals, Assessment documents, inductions (English and Zulu)
• Contribute towards organizational legal compliance to relevant legislation e.g. Skills Development Act
• Conduct competency audits for departmental training.
• Conduct ad hoc audits on equipment operators to ensure that the operators' skills are on standard, and deviations are addressed immediately.
Safe and Healthy Work Environment
• Ensure all safety procedures and practices are adhered to by all involved during the training process.
• Promote good housekeeping practices and accept safety responsibility.
• Ensure a high performing culture and engaged workforce.
• Ensure a zero harm work environment for all.
Customer Service and Relationships
• Maintain trusted partnerships between the Learning & Development and internal/external customers.
Learning and Growth
• Administer assessments to ensure that employees have gained required skill proficiencies through training.
• Maintain accurate and current training records.
• Assist with the analysis of scorecard results and progress, make process improvement/enhancement suggestions and implement and monitor improvement programmes.
• Promote a culture of Learning within the organisation.
• Provide information and advice regarding skills development related issues.
Fluent in English AND Zulu
Diploma ETD (NQF Level 6)
National Certificate in a relevant technical qualification (mineral processing/engineering/metal production/mining etc.)
2-3 years' relevant experience within heavy industry / mining / production