Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
TEAM MANAGER - DATA WAREHOUSE - 342687
TEAM MANAGER - DATA WAREHOUSE
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
Team Manager - Data Warehouse
Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for ensuring that the future strategy and architecture of the data warehouse solutions and greater enterprise information management support the needs of the enterprise. Oversee and lead the research and implementation of fit for purpose futuristic technologies. Managing the process of selection, maintenance and evaluation of tools, technologies, and practices.
• Manages the activities of teams responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of data warehouse systems and related data marts.
• Facilitate and guide data mappings, data modeling, data profiling, query design, data flow design, data strategy and data governance etc. between multiple databases across multiple platforms.
• Ensures proper balance between front-end systems and back-end processing capabilities.
• Partner with data consumers and cross-functional IT teams to define data and analytic needs, use cases, and other requirements.
• Lead, support and contribute to architecture and data governance framework.
• Performs business and technical requirements analysis, review and advisory.
• Manages development of relevant, repeatable criteria for assessing future risks and problems and proposes mitigation plans.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• 10 years’ experience in managing large scale enterprise data warehouse at technical and management levels.
• At least 8 years of experience in data warehouse strategy development, architecture, and management including integration with analytical tools.
• At least 8 years of experience in participating in or leading Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence implementation teams, managing project scope, and providing technical leadership. Including leading data warehouse migration from legacy DW to new DW.
• At least 10 years of experience with data warehouse design, from conceptualization to database optimization, using common cloud and on-premise platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Big Query, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience with management & data governance, Modern Data Architecture, Data Ingestion, exposure to DAMA Framework beneficial.
• Experience with Data Architecture/Modeling, ETL, Data Quality and MDM tools, Data Quality Services, and Master Data Services.
• Technical / Professional Knowledge in designing and implementing Next Generation Architecture solutions incorporating Hadoop, NoSQL, Cloud-Based Analytics, and Real-Time Analytics
• Experience in working with large volumes of data from disparate data sources across complex business processes and functions.
• Experience on how data warehouse design impact decision support tools, reporting tools like Tableau, QlikView.
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.