Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
SALES REPRESENTATIVE - 351233
FMCG / Retail / Wholesale
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Desired Experience & Qualification
To achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and sales penetration within the KZN area by effectively selling the company’s products. Be responsible for maintaining existing customer relationships as well as personal contact and to secure new business accounts / customers within the KZN area. Ideally someone technically minded with experience in both retail and end user market.
• Must be willing to travel, including overnight stays, to different hardware stores
• Valid driver’s license
• Own transport
• Matric (Grade 12), a formal qualification in Marketing / Sales will be advantageous.
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Sales Representative with proven sales record
• Preferably knowledge of the Hardware Industry or selling in the retail industry
• Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus.
• Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
• Excellent communication, negotiation and sales skills, high attention to detail
and ability to multitask.
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Good marketing skills
• Excellent verbal and written English and Afrikaans communication skills
• Establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships with current and prospective customers in the KZN area to generate business for the company’s
• Increase the visibility and awareness of our company’s products and maximize sales growth
• Conduct store visits to assess, present, promote and sell suitable products to existing and and prospective customers
• Plan effective store visits to ensure time spend with each store retailer is constructive
• Increase number of stores buying from the company within each Key Account group and independents
• Research and analyze sources to actively engage prospective customers including
cold calling on potential customers
• Complete credit applications thoroughly and correctly for new customers
• Monitor and evaluate data and market conditions to identify opportunities and
competitive advantage - Understand the market in which we are operating in.
• Record keeping – Maintain up to date sales information by keeping sales files by
month, by customer so that information is readily available. Conduct Product basket
analysis by market segment - current product vs. typical product basket to identify any sales opportunities
• Implement clear objectives to measure success - increase product basket, increase fill- rate, more shelf space, create pull-through effect
• Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends - Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interest, competitive activities, and potential new products and services.
• Fully comply and operate - mobile customer relationship management application with every store visit
• Be aware of competitor products and their prices in the market place including
promotions and advertisements. Keep up-to-date of best practices and promotional trends.
Monitor and report back on opposition activities as well as market trends
• Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
• Fluency in both English and Afrikaans is a pre-requisite