Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
SHIFT SUPERVISOR - 370236
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
To oversee and manage the shift process, which includes HR, quality, safety, risk, environment, administration and operations and to ensure the smooth running of the mill so that customers can receive good quality product on time, in a cost effective way.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure that the shift rosters are drawn up on a weekly basis and that all staff reporting to you are made aware of it.
• Allocate work daily before every shift, so that staff know what their responsibility is and the standard expected.
• Monitor your team’s performance daily and ensure your production targets are met with every shift.
• Communicate the branch objectives and targets with your team on a regular basis.
• Schedule and conduct shift meetings and keep the minutes of the meetings. Ensure that the minutes is given to the relevant HOD’s and shared across the team. Provide feedback to your team on elements discussed in the meeting.
• Manage shift employee relations climate and ensuring corrective and disciplinary action is taken where required in line with relevant legislation and company policy and procedures.
• Continually strive to improve through teamwork with employees all aspects of the shift activities.
Manage the staff’s timekeeping, leave rosters and attendance in line with the company policy and procedure.
• Ensure that the shift is fully manned at all times to meet production requirements.
• Ensure the employees reporting to you are trained per the work instructions.
• Ensure compliance to processes and procedures in line the company policy.
• Drive cost awareness of Shift – Waste and non-complaint product reduction.
• Ensure that the Boiler is operated in a safe manner as per the work instructions.
• Ensure that the whole shift comply with the Safety Health and Risk policy of the company.
Ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained for a safe work environment with every shift and before every shift is handed over to the next shift.
• Implement and monitor shift quality standards as per the Quality and Health & Safety standards.
• Monitor and action shift appearance and image through housekeeping.
• Ensure that elevator pits and weighbridge is always kept clean
Admin and coordination of stock
Checking and making sure that the stock sheets for the Micros and Macros are completed daily
• Ensure stock schedules are in place and communicated to staff
• Participation in stock take when required
Daily capture, analyse and report on shift data. Actual KPI’s vs budget and work with shift team to address areas of non-conformance or concern.
• Ensure adherence to the ERP and DH Application system and data requirements and accurate and on time capture of information in accordance with work instruction
Maintain equipment and machinery
Ensure that the calibrations check on scales, as well as the weighbridge scales, are done as agreed with HOD.
• Check and reset the inflight daily.
• Conduct a scale calibration with the Quality controller on a weekly basis.
• Ensure that the Boiler chemicals are dosed in accordance with the specifications daily at the beginning of every shift.
• Do basic maintenance and troubleshooting on machinery and plant to avoid call outs for small issues.
• Ensure daily checks been done as per the shift checklist
Coordination of raw material and finished product
Ensure that the bin inspections are performed and recorded daily
• Do a visual check of raw materials and finished goods samples daily with every batch, to ensure the quality of the products is maintained.
• Ensure that the sample is checked against the production log sheet to ensure that all samples are taken accordingly.
• Ensure that an inspection on the meal intake pit, the maize intake pit and the molasses/scales pit is conducted daily.
• Investigation of shift related items on NCR Register.
• Ensure that the FIFO rule is implemented and followed.
• Ensure that the correct transfer dosing of materials is done to minimise product
Ensure the production nutritional and physical quality standards are met for products produced.
• Investigate variances between production and actual weights of finish and bagged product
• Accurate recording, reporting and investigation of redress and ensure redress (GIP) being handled according the procedures
Monitor loading of trucks
Ensure that the truck is loaded in such a manner that the weight is distributed evenly across the axels.
• Notify drivers of special customer requests.
• Ensure that trucks are loaded with minimum spillage and if there is any spillage, it is cleaned immediately
• Always ensure that the correct product is loaded into truck as per order .
Desired Experience & Qualification
Matric (Grade 12 Certificate)
• Production or Supervisory related qualification would be an advantage
Code 8 drivers licence
3 Years’ experience in a similar position in a manufacturing & milling environment
• Ability to speak, read and write English
Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word & MS Outlook