COMPARE ALL PACKAGES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
POST FREE JOB ADVERTS
REGISTER FREE ACCOUNT
SEARCH CV DATABASE
JOBSEEKERS CONTACT US
RECRUITERS CONTACT US
VIEW JOB ADVERT DETAILS
Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
ARTISAN BOILERMAKER - 324276
FMCG / Retail / Wholesale
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Salt River, Western Cape
Our client in Salt River, FMCG concern, is looking for a suitable candidate who has experience within a milling environment.
• Timeous replacement of wearing parts.
• Monitor and inspect plant for potential and existing defects.
• Report any defects noticed while performing normal functions.
• Check report books daily and liaise with Maintenance Manager on action to be taken on reported defects.
• Carrying out of scheduled preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment.
• Daily inspections, fault finding and repairs on mechanical equipment.
• Installation and project work as required.
• Perform breakdown functions on mechanical equipment at the Mill.
• Completion of all mandatory checklists.
• Repairs to be done to a high standard to enable minimum downtime.
• Fabricate equipment according to plant specifications/drawings.
• General housekeeping
• Health and Safety
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Appropriate engineering qualification through a recognized apprenticeship as a Boilermaker (trade test)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Milling environment, with a strong focus on the following:
o Must be able to read and update mechanical drawings
o Knowledge of safety checks on mechanical equipment in accordance with OHSA
o Problem solving ability
• Ability to work outside normal working hours (shift work on a rotational basis)
• Perform standby on a rotational basis
• Candidates are required to have their own tools
• Required to work overtime as a result of breakdowns and planned maintenance when required
Key Outputs • Planning and organising skills
• Must be a Team-player
• Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to read drawings
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Assist with other jobs that may reasonably be required within the maintenance department
• Ability to work outside mechanical boundary
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Not yet registered?