Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
IOS SOFTWARE ENGINEER - 362794
IOS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
Our client is a fast growing online fashion business based in South Africa. They’re obsessive about high performance yet collaborative culture, and are looking for leaders to join their team. They think big, move fast, take ownership and are used to winning. The team are experts in their field, working together to create a world class brand. Currently expanding they are looking for an IOS Software Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities
They require a Software Engineer who is willing to hit the ground running and is comfortable to jump into their iOS app while working collaboratively in a team environment. The engineer will need to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation and must be comfortable gathering and organising information that translates into usable requirements. Our client is a rapidly expanding company that is moving in the direction of a “mobile-first” paradigm. As such, the engineer must be able to maintain a balance between periods of building features as well as operational and platform improvements. A strong understanding of the iOS SDK and platform is a must.
The ideal candidates have a passion for technology, they are constantly exploring, learning and improving their skills. They know where to apply what they have learned and they share their knowledge freely. Our client embraces fit for purpose technology, meaning they have a diverse stack. Just like our culture, they obsess about building systems that are elegant, performant, reliable and scalable. Their teams are autonomous, collaborative units that share a business and engineering vision, but have the freedom to tweak and influence how they go about their mission.
Contribute to the development of our (recently rebuilt) Swift iOS application.
Design, develop and test code written in Swift
Draft technical specifications and briefs
Monitor and profile application performance
Monitor services and systems within our infrastructure
Perform code reviews
Collaborate with creative, content and engineering teams to design and develop a world-class iOS application
Publish apps to the App Store
Desired Experience & Qualification
• 5+ years in software development
• 2+ years in Swift experience
• Experience architecting, developing, testing and maintaining iOS mobile applications
• Experience with dependency management (Carthage/Cocoapods)
• Experience with RESTful APIs and web services
• Experience with revision control systems (specifically Git)
• Experience with an issue tracking/management system (specifically Jira)
• Experience with e-commerce based applications is beneficial
• Advanced understanding of theoretical programming fundamentals, including but not limited to algorithms, data structures, design patterns (like MVC/MVVM/VIPER) and OOP
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Be comfortable working within a team
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Experience with Python, Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes is beneficial, but not a requirement.
• BSc in Computer Science, Electrical (& Computer) Engineering or a related field is beneficial