Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
PRODUCTION MANAGER - 355015
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Based in Rosslyn our client is requiring a Production Manager to manage and be responsible for the required manufacture of our products and the constituent components within the factory to the required quality standards and budgeted targets. The incumbent will be required to ensure that budgeted production targets are achieved, to plan all production, ensure and maintain a high standard of product quality and ensure supervision of labour.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manage and be responsible for the required manufacture of our product and the constituent
components within the factory to the required quality standards and budgeted targets.
• Implement processes to measure waste accurately for different departments (Splints, VO500,
Cardboard Conversion, VPO, Compo, etc), monitored and report on monthly basis.
• Effective utilisation of Shopware for management of production and downtimes.
• Preventative maintenance schedules to be adhered to and reported on a monthly basis
• All subsequent changes to Preventative Maintenance schedules in line with Group
standardisation to be signed-off, which schedules will form the base for reporting once
• DIFR – Target based on fiscal year as base
• Internal Audit: Previous year audits as base, increase compliance
• Legal Compliance: Audits done by Plant Engineer to act as base, time line with action plans to
reduce non-compliance by 50% compared to previous year.
• RPMU improvement year-on-year
• Effective team complementing skills set, 2nd tier leaders
• Calibration of team and identification of leaders for development annually.
• KPA’s implemented for all Aligned OPS positions according to standards - annually
• Timeous submission and targets achieved - annually
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Production Management/Engineering Diploma/Degree.
• Must have a technical aptitude
• Sound practical knowledge of FMCG manufacturing.
• Required to be on call at all times.
• Good people management skills.
• Industrial Relations background (preferably in a unionized environment).