Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
FACILITIES MANAGER: TECHNICAL AND PROJECTS - 312496
FACILITIES MANAGER: TECHNICAL AND PROJECTS
Engineering / Mining / Industrial
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Facilities Manager: Technical and projects
What is the primary purpose of this job?
The Facilities Manager: Technical and Projects will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance department, managing internal projects and for designing and implementing systems and procedures in consultation with the relevant managers of all other Central Services Departments (Transport, Catering, Security, Maintenance, Procurement, Laundry, Housekeeping).
Manage the day to day functioning of the maintenance department and advise the maintenance team of strategies to enhance performance and to lower operational costs.
Management and preparation of the annual maintenance budget
Managing all internal projects (wide variety of project but usually relates to upgrades of facilities).
Project management of larger projects within the capacity
Identifying cost savings initiatives within the various Central Services Departments.
Implementing controls, systems and procedure within Central Services Departments (in consultation with the various managers).
Development and implementation of Central Services Reporting Framework in consultation with Group Manager: Facilities and Catering
Collaborate with the Group Manager: Facilities and Catering in designing solutions, processes and information flows to drive operational efficiencies.
Knowledge experience and skills required:
· Recently qualified Industrial Engineer with a desire to work in a fulfilling environment (welfare) with the opportunity to gain a wide variety of skills in project and facilities management.
· Ability to work within a team and to lead a team.
· It’s imperative that the applicant has strong organizational and leadership skills, be able to motivate subordinates and maintain a positive working environment under stressful conditions, at times.
· Be highly innovative, methodical and a self-motivated individual.
· Advanced MS Excel skills.
· Database Programming will be an added advantage.
Technically strong, analytical and communication skills.