A national insurer is seeking the expertize of a Marketing Manager with relevant experience driving the process in building commercial (B2B) relationships to deliver an improved service. EE ONLY
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop and implement the company Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channels strategy for B2C and B2B transactions to maximise the company’s insurance sales growth.
· Conduct the company business needs analysis and gain insights on the retail market landscape (customer, competitive, etc.) through continuous research and knowledge of best practices to develop the company group schemes and retail distribution channels strategy.
· Map out the customer journeys (transaction decision points and path that business transactions should follow) for the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channels.
· Develop the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channels business models, operating frameworks and execution plans to deliver business growth, in line with the Alternative Distribution strategy.
· Determine the optimal operating framework by conducting the business needs assessment, cost/benefit analysis, capacity and resource planning, and remuneration models to support the growth of the group schemes and retail distribution channels.
· Drive the creation of customer segment-based and product based strategies to drive customer engagement and usage.
· Identify expansion and sales growth opportunities for the assigned distribution channels and product lines.
· Partner with the company Funeral Service to develop compelling value propositions to grow the Group Schemes customer base.
· Develop and implement compelling value propositions to engage, attract and grow the Retail Markets distribution channel.
· Develop support services required to retain the Group Schemes customers and Retail Markets business partners.
Achieve set business targets
· Develop and implement optimal plans to deliver profitable business growth through customer acquisition (new business), conversion, retention and reactivation.
· Establish strategic partnerships with Group Schemes and Retail Markets channel as a route-to-market in line with the company’s Group’s strategic goals.
· Define the objectives, set growth targets and performance tracking mechanisms for the assigned distribution channels and product lines, in support of the Alternative Distribution plan.
· Set growth targets and performance tracking mechanisms for the assigned distribution channels.
· Develop and implement tactical plans to achieve new business targets for the Group Schemes and Retail Markets channel.
· Develop and implement plans to drive upselling and cross selling through the Group Schemes and Retail Markets channel.
· Drive high quality of new business and customer retention for the assigned distribution channels and product lines.
· Develop the sales tools and delivery mechanisms for the group schemes and retail distribution channels.
· Manage the financial performance of the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channels to ensure that the set targets are achieved.
· Continuously review the performance and realign the plans for the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channels.
· Recommend product or service offerings to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
· Identify and evaluate emerging market trends, benchmark progressive business practices and define business requirements to improve the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channels.
Operationalise the plan
· Prepare and manage the sales and marketing support budgets for the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channels, to achieve the required return-on-investment (ROI), in line with the Alternative Distribution plan.
· Develop the standard operating procedures manual that governs the business relationships.
· Develop the toolkits for the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channels - i.e. define the execution standards, look of success and advertising to ensure that it complies with the company corporate identity standards.
· Develop and implement optimum business processes to support the assigned distribution channels, working in collaboration with the Insurance Operations and ICT departments.
· Manage the operational requirement of the department, by ensuring that the systems and processes are efficient and effective to achieve the Group’s Sales and Marketing objectives.
· Drive the company agenda to ensure that there is collaboration with all business units.
· Work in collaboration with the marketing team on the development of customised tactical campaigns for the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channels.
· Work in collaboration with the Insurance Operations, marketing, customer experience and ICT department to drive the implementation of the Group Schemes and Retail Markets operational plans.
· Ensure that administrators meet all legislative requirements to administer Group Schemes.
· Work in collaboration with the Insurance Operations and Compliance departments to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met and adhered to.
· Maintain and improve business operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving challenges; compiling and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programmes.
· Ensure adherence to technical specifications, productivity, quality and customer-service standards by all external call centres.
Maintain client relationships
· Build on an already established network of contacts across the Group’s target sectors to bring opportunities into the business.
· Engage with strategic partners to anticipate potential business opportunities and implement actions that will position the Group with a differentiated advantage.
· Prepare programmes of external communication, customer engagement and brand promotion that will contribute to the achievement of the Group’s objectives.
· Assume the responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional business relations with internal and external business partners by supporting and ensuring that administration issues, requests and concerns are promptly resolved.
· Monitor service delivery and ensure excellence in customer service levels.
· Ensure the accurate reporting of the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channel activities in line with the business requirements.
· Prepare the department’s performance reports by collecting, analysing, summarizing data and trends, and implement corrective actions.
· Develop and manage the KPA’s and KPI’s of the team to ensure that performance management processes, including quality, persistency and volumes for the department are implemented and monitored.
· Provide leadership to the team through effective objective setting, delegation, motivation, and communication.
· Work in collaboration with the Insurance Operations and HR training departments to develop training programmes and professional guidance programmes to enhance product knowledge, sales skills and support the achievement of business outcomes.
· Plan, implement and maintain a training plan in collaboration with HR to ensure that all insurance staff are well equipped in terms of knowledge, skills and competencies and according to regulatory requirements
· Implement rewards and recognition systems that support the business objectives and comply with all regulations.
· Conduct regular meetings to ensure that the team is well informed of changes in policies and procedures.
· Lead, support and coach/mentor the team to achieve the desired business outcomes.
· Ensure development among the teams for succession planning.
· Provide coaching and professional development to Group Schemes and Retail Consultants in order to enhance their product knowledge and sales skills.
· Manage the operational requirements of the Group Schemes and Retail Markets distribution channel, by ensuring that the systems and processes are efficient and effective to achieve the Group’s sales and marketing objectives.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Minimum post-matric qualification (Bachelor’s degree) in Marketing and Sales, Business Management or a related field.
· On-the-job training - abreast with the product suite and products offered by competitors is an advantage.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of competitive landscape and competitor product offerings is an advantage.
· FAIS compliant. RE 1 and 5 qualification.
· Minimum eight (8) years’ Group Schemes and Retail Markets management experience (preferably within the Financial Services sector).
· Insurance Act and all relevant legislation, compliance and governance requirements.
· Proficiency in building commercial relationships (strategic and tactical B2B relationships) to deliver improved service and innovation to the customer is a minimum requirement.
· Proven record of accomplishment for managing business development. Ability to seek and develop new relationships to achieve strategic business objectives. Ability to convert client relationships into opportunities for the business.