Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT - 363763
SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
FMCG / Retail / Wholesale
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
A well established FMCG company is looking for an Accountant to join their team on a on a 6 month contract base. The successful candidate will be responsible for running the full financial function from A – Z and training the finance department.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Post and process journal entries
• Assist in the preparation of financial month-end/year-end closings
• Assist in preparation of Audit Schedules (Internal Audit & External Audit)
• Execute / assist with ad-hoc financial function projects
• Address all intercompany financial related requirements
• Compile and communicate daily reports (iDocs, Stock Aging, etc.) across the Company
• Ensure Pastel/SAP interface imbalances are cleared accurately and on a timely basis
• Accurately perform all non-creditor related balance sheet reconciliations on a timeous basis, some of which including complex accounts
• Deep dive understanding of trends and variances, with root cause analyses and recommendations on identified anomalies
• Assist GL Accountant, Financial Controller and Financial Director on SAP related requests
• Be the IFRS technical specialist for the Company - ensure financial reporting aligned to new IFRS requirements
• Review credit checks from Trade Union for new customer accounts and suggest relevant credit limits
• Trial balance review to ensure correct revenue and GL account allocations
• Ensure monthly journal provisions are processed timeously
• Maintain and reconcile inter-company accounts
• Meeting monthly reporting deadlines
• Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations
• Managing the opening and closing of the financial month.
• Monthly SARS reporting on VAT and PAYE and payments
• Income tax returns.
• Monthly expense variance analysis
Fixed Assets Register
• Maintain accurate fixed asset register on SAP (tangible assets)
• Maintain accurate fixed asset register on Excel (intangible assets)
• Assign tag numbers to fixed assets
• Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
• Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset register to control accounts in the general ledger
• Perform depreciation run for all fixed assets
• Review fixed assets register and accumulated depreciation monthly.
• Investigate potential obsolescence of fixed assets
• Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets and recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of
Desired Experience & Qualification
Registered Chartered Accountant - CA(SA)
Minimum of 3-5 years post articles experience required
FMCG industry experience
Extensive SAP knowledge is essential
Excellent Excel skills required
Package & Remuneration
Market related salary