Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
MINE MANAGER UNDERGROUND TRACKLESS - 369315
MINE MANAGER UNDERGROUND TRACKLESS
Engineering / Mining / Industrial
5 - 6 Years
Relevant Degree - (Tertiary Education)
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Dem Rep Of Congo, Other
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Mine Manager Underground Trackless in DRC
A major copper producer in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, DRC, would like to interview candidates for the position of Mine Manager. The incumbent will assume total responsibility for production, safety and costs for his area of responsibility.
The position is based on a fly-in-fly-out with a 3/1 or 6/2 cycle. Currently on 6/2 because of Covid. Accommodation, transport and meals provided. Competitive salary with good bonus scheme. Medical cover will be provided.
• Must have a Bsc Mining Degree/Diploma in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
• Mine Managers Government Certificate of Competency.
• At least 5 years in a similar role with extensive trackless mining experience in an underground environment.
• A proven track record of sound underground and management experience
• The ability to motivate and lead teams to achieve short, medium and long term targets
• Expert and professional mining expertise and knowledge
• Safety conscious and ability to achieve safety targets
• Sound financial acumen pertaining to budgeting and control
• Preferably experience working as an expatriate
• Able to function in a multi cultural environment and work with local people.
• Able to communicate in French will be an advantage.
• This is a hands-on position and requires extensive underground work.
• People Management of the entire mining process to create a performance driven culture.
• Ensure effective communication with all relevant stakeholders and act as the link between top management and the shaft.
• Ensure that the Business Plan is achieved through effective planning, resources allocation and co-ordination.
• Co-ordinating the functioning of all the departments on a business unit (engineering, survey, ventilation, human resources, rock mechanics, geology, finance and production