Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
IT INCIDENT AND PROBLEM MANAGER - 308969
IT INCIDENT AND PROBLEM MANAGER
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
IT Incident and Problem Manager
A key player in the Legal Industry is on a search for an IT Incident and Problem Manager to be responsible for the delivery of ITIL aligned operations supporting Problem and Major Incident Management.
Work collaboratively with IT resolver groups to eradicate recurring incidents and to reduce the impact of incidents that are not prevented, by facilitating actions to identify problem root causes
Agree suitable remedies and provide oversight to ensure these are implemented, recorded and communicated to relevant stakeholders to help avoid re-occurrence.
Work closely with the Continual Service Improvement Manager and the Configuration Analyst to ensure Known-Error Data and defect information relevant to Configuration Management operations is recorded, maintained and shared widely with appropriate stakeholder and resolver groups.
Work with the IT Data & Reporting Analyst to analyse problems to identify trends on the resolution of problem targets in-line with SLAs.
Contribute to the Knowledge Management Process and its’ governance, participating in any Knowledge Management Review,
and assisting with the update and operation of the Knowledge Management System (KMS) and related Knowledge Articles.
Regularly review problem management processes and recommend
possible improvements utilising appropriate tools.
Participate in all Major Post Incident Reviews.
Major Incident Management
Ensure Major Incident Management procedures are strongly adhered to and respond to escalations, ensuring resolution, recovery, documentation and closure of Major Incidents. Ensure all necessary updates to the Knowledge Management System are undertaken.
Chair Major Post Incident Reviews, ensuring all relevant parties involved in the major incident contribute. Record PIR outcomes, share widely and ensure the KMS is appropriately updated.
Operate the Major Incident Management Process, co-ordinating resolution activities as necessary. Set the criteria for invoking the MIM process. Ensure the criteria are subject to regular periodic review and agreed with IT Management.
Responsible for the development, ownership and operation of the Major Incident Management (MIM) process. Reports on the
performance and efficiency of the process to assess overall performance and identify any areas for improvement (supporting
Continual Service Improvement).
• ITIL v3 Practitioner skills in Incident Management
• High-level understanding of data centre infrastructure and corporate desktop environments
• Extensive experience of working within and leading an incident management team
• Previous significant experience working within a multi-vendor environment.
• College degree (required)
• Practitioner skills in Major Incident Management and Problem Management (both are desirable, one of either is sufficient, but at
least one must be evidenced).
• Experience of working in an ITIL compliant environment (ITIL Qualified with v3 Foundation a minimum expectation)
• BSC Specialist Certification in Problem Management (Desirable)
• Minimum three plus years' experience managing IT Problem and Major Incident management activity in a mid-to-large enterprise.
• Strong experience and knowledge of ITSM, in particular, Problem and Incident Management principles, methodologies and
• Strong analytical skills, must take an analytical approach to problem solving (exposure to Kepner-Tregoe or another structured RCA methodology advantageous).
• Must have experience of managing Major or Crisis level events.
• Experience in defining, updating and deploying ITSM/ITIL processes for mid-to-large corporate organisation(s).
• Prior Problem and Incident Management experience using a Service Management tool e.g. ServiceNow for workflow escalation and incident and problem case-record management.