Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the financial results
• Coordinate, complete and oversee entire financial accounting for within strict designated daily and monthly deadlines.
• Take ownership and responsibility for full accounting function (including drawing up Annual Financial Statements.)
• Monitor and follow up on all inter-company aging of customer and vendor transactions with (Shared service centre).
• Assist in month end closing by raising accruals and processing and or reviewing journal entries posted by certain accounting staff.
• Review certain general ledger accounts.
• Verifying the accuracy of financial information and record retention.
• Perform analytical reviews on month end results
• Provide instructions for Inter Company entries / billings, as and when needed.
• Complete all rebate analysis and accrual adjustments for customer rebate. Ensuring timeous payments.
• Ensure accurate segment accounting across subsidiary and head office.
• Prepare accurate monthly journals to allocate service charges and profit share across head office and subsidiary in accordance with shareholders' agreement.
• Train as back-up for finance manager.
• Ensure cord guard units with customers are controlled in terms of the Fixed Asset policy and that rentals are processed each month.
• Ensure compliance with Company Fixed Asset Accounting Policy (Oversee 3 yearly fixed asset counts) and Inventory stock count Policy.
• Assist with other projects as and when required.
• Display creativity by developing new and streamlined methods of accomplishing assigned tasks as needed.
• Steer the budget and FC process/activities, ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Supervise Finance administrating clerk.
• Inform finance team of any updates from Corporate Accounting / Controlling / team.
• Provide financial and operational support for the sales team and extract information for monthly management reports.
• Calculate commission payable to sales agents and submit, for approval and payment.
• Assist with managing past dues, sales team with letter of credit applications, obtaining statutory documents for tender purposes and sales team with IC transfer policy.
• As the designated Company, Public Officer, you are required to handle all correspondence and interaction with South African Revenue Services
• Ensure compliance with all tax legislation (VAT, Income tax, Dividend tax, Provisional tax, Tax Administration act etc)
• Calculation and submission of equalization, as well as Income and deferred tax calculations.
• Ensure deadlines are met for all tax returns and payments
• Authorised signatory for payment processing
• Submit accurate and timeous quarterly FX exposure reports
• Ensure financial accountant reports accurate and timeous monthly BaF reporting
• Ensure that all areas of responsibility comply with internal Company policies, FRM, and IFRS and South African legislation (ie Companies Act)
• Coordinate, complete and oversee year-end financial year end audits for Companies
• Preparation and timorous submission of various required monthly reports.
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Grade 12
• Preference CA(SA)
• 3-5 years, experience in auditing environment and post qualification experience in manufacturing environment beneficial
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Pastel (basic)
• Microsoft Office
• Internal Financial controlling systems