Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
ARTISAN (FITTER & TURNER) - 314254
ARTISAN (FITTER & TURNER)
FMCG / Retail / Wholesale
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Epping, Western Cape
Temp Artisan (Fitter & Turner) FMCG
Our client in Epping is urgently looking for a Qualified Fitter & Turner to work on a 3 month contract - might be extended.
Incumbents will be required to:
Carry out repairs and maintenance on machinery and equipment in line with prescribed regulations and standards;
Regular inspections, fault finding and preventative maintenance jobs;
Testing equipment after repairs are completed;
Turning, milling, welding and fitting for fabrication of components;
Support the packaging department with start-up and fault finding of equipment;
Assist with change-overs according to the packaging plan;
Participate and contribute in the morning meeting activities, Innovation and business improvements in support of operational and segment goals
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Qualified Mechanical Artisan (Minimum of NTC3 or N3 & Trade Test Certificate)
Qualification for Fitter and TURNER / Fitter / Mill wright
Characteristics/skills and knowledge:
Must be proficient in fault finding as per drawings, equipment and be able to take corrective action.
· Ability to work accurately and according to precise measurements and specifications;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of preventative maintenance principles and systems
· Good Analytical and diagnostic skills.
· Experience working on rotating machinery ie fillers, labellers would be and advantage
· Competent in turning, milling, argon and arc welding would be and advantage
· Competent in pneumatics and hydraulics;
· Reflect good leadership behaviour - towards colleagues, superior and company values;
· Able to do in depth problem solving and fault finding;
· Able to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position;
· Have the ability to work under pressure;
· Able to work shifts, on weekends and flexible hours;