Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
SENIOR MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN - 363116
SENIOR MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN
Transport / Logistics / Warehousing / Storage / Distribution
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
This Senior role is responsible for the following Supply Chain processes: Inbound Logistics, Outbound Logistics, Procurement, Planning, DC’s & Warehouses, Fleet Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead the Outbound Logistics team.
• Perform ongoing network planning:
o Identify routes, vehicles and shipping methods to deliver goods to customers in a manner that reduces transport cost and transit time and allows efficient delivery at customer site.
o Identify where goods should be placed nationally and internationally and associated warehousing arrangements in order to maintain service level targets at the lowest cost.
• Ensure network is maintained and utilised daily as intended through effective reporting mechanisms to proactively address network concerns.
• Optimise internal processes to be service delivery focused, and to have a common goal of driving revenue and sales.
• Ensure all orders to customers are delivered in full and on time (OTIF) and that associated service levels KPI’s are maintained.
• Identify and address service delivery constraints across the network.
• Ensure logistics partners utilised in the delivery of orders are maintaining a high level of service to customers at all times.
• Ensure all customer orders are prepped and loaded to maintain the integrity of the product while in transit and to minimize damages.
• Ensure order book is managed continuously and that all orders are planned for delivery, or production, as the case may be.
• Keep abreast of all freight and trade news that may affect outbound deliveries or collections.
Inventory Management & Warehousing
• Lead the Distribution Centre and Inbound Logistics teams.
Ensure all inventory procured or manufactured by the company is managed to ensure that:
o Inventory losses through damages, theft, obsolescence or other shrinkage factors are minimized.
o Inventory is stored in a manner that prolongs the life of the goods and maintains the quality standard of the original product.
o Perform regular cycle counts and full inventory counts to establish accuracy of actual stock vs system stock and proactively address variances.
o Plan space within warehouses and inventory locations to make the most of the given floor space.
o Inventory locations are well marked, logically assigned and at any time clearly indicate the categorisation or types of goods that must be stored therein.
o Inventory is stored relative to its sales velocity, so that distances between storage and dispatch areas are minimised.
o Inventory is issued to maintain a high level of fresh stock.
o Inventory transactions are processed on the inventory system to maintain the integrity of the inventory count, and to accurately reflect actual material movements taking place in the real world.
o Implement effective controls to ensure inventory receipts and issues are accurately recorded and reflected in the source system.
o Inventory storage complies with relevant safety and regulatory aspects in terms of fire security, stacking heights, stacking weights etc.
o Store inventory in a manner that optimises any taxation benefits that may apply.
• Maintain all inventory warehouses to an acceptable standard of cleanliness, that adheres to the company’s 5S requirements and to applicable fire, safety and other regulatory standards.
• Where warehouses are leased or rented, always maintain such properties to the landlord’s requirements and facilitate a good relationship with the landlord.
• Develop and maintain a fleet policy that outlines all there is to know around fleet vehicles.
• Maintain a complete register of all vehicles in the fleet. This includes company cars, pool vehicles, forklifts, leased or rented trucks.
• Keep administrative records of all vehicle transactions.
• Ensure all vehicles comply with relevant traffic regulations and are considered roadworthy at all times.
• Keep a register of all vehicle maintenance that has been performed, and a schedule of next maintenance interventions required.
• Identify drivers of vehicles that continually abuse or otherwise damage fleet vehicles and proactively address with their relevant managers.
• Monitor fleet utilization on a monthly basis and identify opportunities to optimise utilisation or reduce fleet size accordingly.
• Ensure all vehicles are inspected regularly by their drivers and damages or other concerns raised immediately with the Fleet Manager.
• Lead the Supply Planning team.
• Ensure that demand and customer expectations are sufficiently met by planning material requirements and local production proactively to cover such demand.
• Work closely with Commercial teams to establish a sales / demand forecast at SKU level for production and distribution centres.
• Maintain warehouse stock levels at the required coverage levels to avoid lost sales or over stock situations through the development and implementation of stock models and systems that consider historical sales, sales forecasts, planned commercial activity, product phasing in and phasing out and the like.
• Develop a production strategy that identifies which products will be stocked on shelves (MTS), which products will only be manufactured on receipt of order (MTO) and other suitable approaches.
• Develop a master production and capacity forecast schedule for operational budgeting requirements and capacity planning and phasing.
• Develop and maintain a material forecast schedule and circulate to material suppliers to ensure material availability when needed.
• Identify demand forecast risks and develop effective mitigation plans.
• Optimise the utilisation of plant capacity to achieve required output while balancing waste, standing time and equipment efficiency.
• Issue and monitor a daily, weekly and monthly production schedule that informs impacted teams of the planned requirements so that sufficient preparation can take place prior to scheduled date.
• Monitor production adherence to plan and identify plan shortages and overruns and address proactively.
• Report daily to customers and stakeholders that may be affected by production plan changes.
• Manage elements that contribute to On Time in Full target achievement.
• Maintain accurate master data and transactional data in company systems to support effective analysis and data interrogation.
• Constant monitoring of raw material levels, work in progress and outstanding orders.
• Lead the Procurement team
• Develop an organisation wide procurement strategy that covers the various categories of goods and services that are procured.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand their requirements and compile procurement specifications.
• Reviews non-contracted purchases to identify opportunities for standardization, contracting and cost reduction.
• Facilitate appointment of suppliers by implementing supplier selection processes using agreed supplier criteria and procedures and utilizing tools such as RFP’s, RFQ’s, and RFI’s.
• Negotiate and establish pricing agreements and contracts for contracted services and frequently used products to ensure maximum value for money on behalf of Company
• Demonstrate management and critical thinking to manage, evaluate and monitor the performance of suppliers based on their ability to supply product in accordance with the agreed requisition or contract and Company requirements and constantly decrease out of stock or late delivery of procured items.
• Be accountable for all procurement contracts signed on behalf of Company by managing the contract lifecycle to increase commercial compliance and improve contractual governance, strengthening supplier accountability and increasing the bottom-line.
• Drive and ensure all BBBEE Enterprise development criteria are met so that BBBEE targets and related points are achieved.
• Negotiating the terms and conditions of service and contracts ensuring certifying compliance with the terms and conditions, as well as documenting and agreeing on any changes or by both the parties.
• Ensure all purchases are made through the correct Company systems and that relevant approval limits and steps are in place.
• Maintain accurate master data and transactional data in Company systems to support effective analysis and data interrogation.
Reporting and Documentation
• Report against agreed goals, IBP and financial metrics to reflect the department’s performance and expenditure.
• Develop clear short- and long-term action plans to address variances to achieve strategic business goals by using leading indicators and short interval control, monitoring and re correct techniques
• Ensure that all processes are documented into required SOP and process flow formats and stored centrally as per agreed document management system.
• Ensure team members follow the most up to date SOPs and transactional documentation to ensure consistency of process
• Develop and implement continuous improvement processes to improve customer service levels, reduce variability and manage supply chain constraints
• Develops and manages budgets.
• Controls expenditure against budget.
• Authorises expenditure and ensure adherence to Procurement policies.
• Continuously seeks financial optimisation opportunities and demonstrates an Entrepreneurial outlook.
• Monthly financial performance analysed, necessary plans put in place to correct if required with detailed commentary supplied.
Safety, Health, Environment
• Direct activities that ensure compliance with applicable safety, health and environment legislation and audit requirements
• Ensure housekeeping is kept to 5S standards
• Proactively manages performance and team dynamics to ensure that a fair, professional, and high-performance environment, aligned to the company values is maintained.
• Develop individual and organisation capabilities to build bench strength while delivering results now and in the future
• Select, train, coach, develop, motivate, and measure the work performance of individuals within the department to encourage accountability and promote employee engagement.
• Manage employees in a manner that maintains a healthy Industrial Relations climate exemplifies the Company values and ensures a fair, productive climate that is engaging.
• Ensure that all employees are conversant/compliant with relevant business information, policies, processes and procedures.
• Stay abreast and relevant of current industry best practices to ensure processes are aligned to industry trends, legislative requirement and strategic business goals to ensure sustainability of business
Desired Experience & Qualification
Grade 12 / Matric
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• Valid Driver’s License is essential
• CSCP or CSCPM certification is preferable or Bachelors/Honors degree in Supply Chain Management and or 10+ years relevant Supply Chain experience in a similar role within a relevant industry.
• Facilitating change
• Individual leadership
• People management
• Resource management
• Strategic leadership. Leadership
• Analytical thinking / data interrogation with the ability to interpret and apply production-based data-driven decisions and to measure and analyze trends etc.,