COMPARE ALL PACKAGES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
POST JOB ADVERTS
SEARCH CV DATABASE
JOBSEEKERS CONTACT US
RECRUITERS CONTACT US
VIEW JOB ADVERT DETAILS
Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
TEST MANAGER ( PERMANENT ) - CAPE TOWN - 367975
TEST MANAGER ( PERMANENT ) - CAPE TOWN
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
Overall responsibility for the success of Quality Assurance, through ensuring quality planning, resource planning, resolution and management of issues
Duties & Responsibilities
Understands what is commercially achievable and makes sound business decisions.
• Supports the development of business acumen of team through knowledge sharing and upskilling
• Factors in retail models and levers in building an effective IT landscape
• Makes sound technical decisions based on understanding of what is commercially achievable within technological constraints.
• Evaluates the applicability of solutions with the ability to challenge and qualify its suitability for the business.
• Effectively applies substantial in-depth analysis in order to determine and meet requirements
• Anticipates the consequences of situations and proactively works to overcome potential obstacles
• Maintains a keen awareness of the interrelationships among various components of large-scale activities/projects
• Actively monitors resource allocation and utilisation and makes adjustments as necessary
• Accurately interprets the moods, feelings and reactions of others and adjusts own behaviour to build effective relationships within the organisation and with its business partners
• Applies diplomacy and tact, demonstrating respect for differing perspectives
• Seeks and influences new relationships outside own unit and identifies new collaborative partnerships that better position programmes and services.
• Establishes connections that help facilitate the accomplishment of broader organisational objectives.
• Actively listens, interprets and presents messages in different ways to enhance understanding.
• Confidently addresses groups of people, adapting style as appropriate for different audiences.
• Reviews, evaluates and disseminates information regarding key methodologies, best practices and tools to support a future landscape
• Redirects own or own team’s efforts in response to changed circumstances to ensure effective problem solving
• Provide input into business area initiatives and operating plans.
o Defines and obtains approval for the Test Strategy and Master Test Plan
o Provide project manager with automation input
o Establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and the Management Information Reporting (MIR) format for weekly tracking of test activities / deliverables
o Participates on the Change Approval Board (CAB)
o Provides thought leadership (operational & tactical focus) in area of responsibility
o Attend daily, weekly meeting and monthly of projects and provide input from the Test Management and Quality Assurance perspective
• Ensures quality performance with regards to testing processes and procedures
o Performs quality checks with Test Lead and Test Team
o Provide & Reviews daily, weekly and monthly status reports and takes necessary actions
o Escalates testing team risks & issues to the project manager
o Escalate non performances issues, nonconformance and project quality assurance risks to QA Manager
o Estimates testing activities and schedules
o Enforces the adherence to the company quality processes and procedures
o Ensures the overall success of the test cycles by driving the completeness and schedule of Quality Assurance
• Applies effective implementation of resources and quality assurance
o Drive Quality Assurance across domains, functional areas, or projects as required
o Drives optimal allocation and utilization of resources
o Drives continual process improvement
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
o Coordinate relevant meetings and communicates the testing status to stakeholders
o Inter-project / group co-ordination between various departments
o Provides consultancy services where required
o Responsible for clear and effective communication to team and business
• Ensure teams produce high quality performance
o Continuous monitoring and mentoring of testing team members
o Identify and drive skills development needs to QA team
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Relevant 3 year IT tertiary or NQF aligned qualification
• Post IT Graduate Qualification advantageous
• 5-8 years’ experience in a Test Lead or Test Management Role
• ISEB / ISTQB Advance Test Manager certification required
• ISTQB Expert Test Manager Certification advantageous
• Experience in defining and executing organization Test Policy and Test Strategy
• Experience in Test Planning, Test Reporting, Progress Monitoring and Quality Gates measurement
• Experience in implementing and managing test automation
Package & Remuneration
Not yet registered?