Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST - 367748
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
Our client is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst. This role requires a motivated, energetic, inquisitive and highly numerate person, possessing a genuine love of numbers and the value that can be derived from interrogating them. The successful candidate will be a proud numbers geek!
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Integration of new data sources into company databases so that it can be easily consumed, analyzed and included in relevant reports.
• Integration of data into relevant workflow processes, with the specific aim of continuously improving what DGC does and how we do it.
• Continually searching for new and useful ways to obtain, integrate and analyze data that is relevant to the company’s business model
• Education of report end-users so as to ensure a maximum spread of expertise around the company and promote “self-help” solutioning.
• Conceptualizing, defining and delivering new reports, as well as improving existing ones.
• Analysis of data from various sources in order to ensure that the business acts proactively on the information at its disposal.
• Obtaining, manipulating and analyzing business data to derive experience assumptions.
• Trend analysis on historical data and deriving information to drive key business decisions.
• Hypothesizing, testing and comparing projected outcomes of scenarios for the growth of existing business and / or the development of new markets and / or changes to existing business rules.
• Highlighting potentially unprofitable scenarios in order to determine remedial action where possible.
• Monitoring of subsequent actual outcomes relative to model assumptions in order to determine likelihood of goal achievement (particularly in respect of new markets) and / or need for changes in tactics and strategy.
• Work with Product Managers and Product Owners in executing project plans or analytical tasks within assigned schedule and timeline.
• 1-2 years’ experience in data analysis and implementation of models
• Hands-on experience with of relational databases, MySQL, SQL, OLAP, reporting tools (e.g. MS-Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Undergraduate degree (or substantial progress towards one) with majors in math / stats / economics / engineering / actuarial science or similar. Alternatively, at least 3-years’ work experience in a data analysis role will be considered.
• Highly Proficient in excel (pivot tables, graphs, ability to pull in data from other sources, formulas, functions) or other statistical/analytical tools
• Experience with VBA, data mining and statistical software such as R, Matlab, Octave, Python, Statistica, SPSS, STATA, etc. will be a strong plus
• Ability to clean, manage, manipulate and use numerical data
• A relevant post-graduate degree will be a strong plus.
• Accountability and Execution
• Collaborative Relationships
• Influences effectively
• Time management
• Problem Solving
• Adaptability / Flexibility