Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
TECHNICAL IT MANAGER (ONLINE WEB/ MOBILE APP) - 369797
TECHNICAL IT MANAGER (ONLINE WEB/ MOBILE APP)
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
To partner the business unit and effectively lead a diverse team that will provide and maintain solutions and systems that deliver business capabilities to produce measurable business value and competitive advantage. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage central and decentralized applications within own business unit (including technology management, maintenance and upgrades)
o Identify IT and related business risks (Including resourcing) across areas of responsibility and develop strategies for risk management and mitigation in accordance to IT Governance
o Ensure Adherence to IT Policy, Procedures and Policies
o Ensure E-commerce Application stability and scale requirements
• Partner with business to define the IT- BU roadmap and drive delivery of that roadmap
o Build and nurture effective relationships with business counterparts and suppliers and own the relationship with the business unit – actively manage the relationship and expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
o Assure service delivery within business unit:
• Ensure that business service requirements are defined and actively managed
• Act as an escalation point for any application service issues within business unit
• Provide optimal end-to-end IT solutions to meet business requirements and enable new business capabilities for the business unit:
o Work in an integrated way with the Technology, Quality Assurance and Service competencies to provide optimal solutions to meet business requirements and enable new business capabilities.
o Identify and analyse business requirements for their IT impact (including benchmarking, feasibility and assessment) and provide input into the prioritization process
o Partner with IT Manager: Technical (Online Architecture/Solutions) to deliver to solutions to business
• Lead a diverse, cross functional, (direct/ virtual) team to effectively deliver strategy and operating plans within time and on budget
o Create a culture of continuous improvement (root cause analysis, trend analysis, capacity and performance)
o Manage developer outputs across digital channels (Online Web/Mobile App)
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Relevant IT or commercial degree or qualification
• 8 - 10 years’ work experience (preferably across multiple areas of IT and in a lead or management role)
• track record of delivery in IT (large programmes and operations)
• experience in developing software and / or running IT solutions organisations or businesses with specific focus on e-commerce capabilities
• Track record of managing relationships at different levels
• Maintains advanced knowledge of business operations and organisational metrics and trends.
• Factors in retail models and levers in building an effective IT landscape.
• Evaluates the applicability of solutions with the ability to challenge and qualify its suitability for the business.
• Quickly identifies key issues, stakeholders and viewpoints in a complex situation or problem
• Allocates time and resources as required when faced with multiple demands and competing priorities
• Supports and energises people, facilitating optimised performance, growth and development
• Seeks and influences new relationships outside own unit and identifies new collaborative partnerships that better position programmes and services.
• Confidently addresses groups of people, adapting style as appropriate for different audiences.