Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
ENROLLED NURSING AUXILIARY (ENA) - 312626
ENROLLED NURSING AUXILIARY (ENA)
Healthcare/ Pharmacies / Hospitals / Medical / Emergency Services
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Rondebosch, Western Cape
Enrolled Nursing Auxiliary (ENA)
ENA - RONDEBOSCH
ONLY CAPE TOWN BASED CANDIDATES TO APPLY
Qualifications - Qualified and SANC registered as Nursing Auxiliary (ENA)
Experience and Knowledge – Experience in Neuro, Stroke, Orthopaedics, Geriatrics, as well as experience within Sub Acute environment
Skills and Attributes - Strong interpersonal skills, professional communication, ability to work under pressure, making sound decisions, computer literate, professional, focused, fully bilingual in Afrikaans and English, well spoken, neat, compassion for elderly, be able to converse with people on different levels - staff, families.
Duties include but not limited to the following:
• Participate in handover by communicating observations of residents verbally and in the handover book
• Act on reports from opposite shift in handover
• Regular observations and intervention of residents according to ECP care plan, including:
• Catheter care
• Pressure care
• Blood pressure
• Intake and output
• Oxygen saturation
• Hgt. Urine testing
• Weighing of residents
• Administering of eye drops
• Do all wound dressings according to care plan and record and report wound progress
• Communicate to Duty Sister immediately any change in a resident’s condition
• Any other clinical tasks within scope of practice as requested by Duty Sr.
• Perform activities of daily living in the absence of Carers or when necessary (this is secondary function to the duties of ENA), but in sub acute as part of holistic care plan.
• Relieve in the village when necessary and approved by Duty Sister
ADMINISTRATION AND REPORTING:
• Manage and issue nappy stock
• Record all tasks on ECP
• Complete handover book
• Report all duties and any concerns to the Duty Sister