Financial Analyst - 12 month contract
Finance Analyst - 12 month contract
Our client based in Durban is looking for a Financial Analyst who will analyse the financial viability of projects/businesses through effective financial modeling and further develop appropriate financing structures. This will incorporate providing guidance to the division on investment decisions.
Conduct preliminary assessments for internal/external clients to ensure date is derived.
• Negotiate with clients to obtain outstanding information/ documentation.
• Conduct comprehensive financial analysis by evaluating current and historical financial data.
• Interpret data affecting investment and develop detailed financial models to determine financial
viability for project/business.
• Develop innovative/optimum/appropriate financing structures for each investment deal, and
ensure long term sustainability.
• Assist in due diligence assessments when required.
• Adhere to stated process timeframes and standards.
• Continuously improve procedures to achieve the desired outcomes.
• Prepare reports on the financial viability of each project/business.
• Issue weekly reports on clients with outstanding financial information.
• Follow up on outstanding information/ documentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (finance/accounting/economics) or equivalent qualification.
• Two to three (2 – 3) years experience in an Investment or Corporate finance environment.
Requisite Functional Competencies
• Strong quantitative background and experience in financial modeling.
• Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and analysis and
reporting of financial data.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office packages, particularly on MS Excel.
• Must hold a valid driving licence and own reliable and roadworthy vehicle.
• Be resourceful and able to source and analyse data from various sources.
• Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to understand and apply financial analysis procedures.
• Must be able to interpret financial statements.
• Ability to choose the right technique or models to determine viability.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate and liaise at all levels.
• Ability to prioritise tasks; work on multiple assignments.
• Pays meticulous attention to detail.• Innovative problem solver and very quick learner.
• Must be adaptable and able to manage continual change.
• Must demonstrate integrity, confidentiality and honesty.