Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
LEGAL MANAGER & COMPANY SECRETARY - REF 20552 - 369594
LEGAL MANAGER & COMPANY SECRETARY - REF 20552
Legal / Litigation / Lawyers
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Duties & Responsibilities
Providing sound legal advice to senior management and the Board of Directors regarding corporate law and criminal law matters.
Manage legal cases on behalf of the Group, interacting directly with external legal counsel and to represent the Group in court.
Ensuring that the legal risks facing the Group are adequately mitigated.
Assist in drafting reports, opinions and memoranda on governance and related matters.
Liaise with the combined assurance function to ensure internal compliance with Group requirements.
Conduct research on a variety of corporate law and governance matters.
Provide a risk-based approach to the management of the Group's governance function.
Assist with training and ad hoc projects and initiatives.
Advise the board on Corporate Governance Principles and implementation of programmes and risk management frameworks.
Develop, implement, communicate and maintain governance, risk and compliance policies, processes and procedures.
Advising the business on legal interpretation of legislation.
Advising business on the practical implementations of new and existing legislation.
Provide guidance on B-BBEE related matters.
Coordinate and assist management with interpretation and certification with regards to B-BBEE.
Desired Experience & Qualification
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
▪ An appropriate tertiary qualification - LLB
▪ Admitted as an Advocate to the bar/ Attorney to the Law Society of South Africa
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
▪ 10 Years experience as a legal practitioner / attorney.
▪ Experience in litigation obtained from exposure to the Magistrate Court, High Court, Labour Court and CCMA litigation.
▪ 7 Years experience in civil litigation, commercial law, insurance law and practice as an advocate/ attorney.
▪ Some experience with, or exposure to, the company secretary function.
▪ Long Term insurance experience.
▪ Specific experience in long term insurance legislation.
▪ Long Term Regulation and related legislation exposure.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
▪ Combined assurance function to ensure internal compliance.
▪ Sound knowledge and understanding of corporate governance practices and procedures.
▪ Proficient in the English language.
▪ Full working knowledge of MS Office.
▪ Ability to communicate at all levels with strong stakeholder management and customer service skills.
▪ Assist with training.
▪ Report submission.
▪ Submission for Board and Board Committees.
▪ Attention to detail and accuracy.
▪ Result driven.
▪ Annual B-BBEE audit process.
▪ Company secretarial exposure.
▪ Good planning and implementing skills.
▪ Risk and compliance processes.
▪ Conflict management skills.
▪ Strong problem solving skills.
▪ Communication skills (verbal/written) / good listening skills.
Package & Remuneration
R1 116 000 to R1 350 000 depending on experience and qualifications.