Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
PROCUREMENT MANAGER - 314676
FMCG / Retail / Wholesale
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
East London, Eastern Cape
One of our clients is seeking a Procurement Manager to join their team.
Manage and implement the procurement process and provide the necessary support and information;
Assist in regularly review the Procurement Policy and Procedures to align with changes on PPPFA and BBBEE Act;
Implement best practices through centralized control and effective co-operation with other Business Unit;
Provide assurance to senior management that strategies, policies and procedures are in place to protect the organization;
Identify and formulate strategies to mitigate any risk in procurement and give assurance that the identified risk is managed well on behalf of the organization;
Maintain a comprehensive contract register with renewal dates documented well in advance of contract expiry;
In line with developmental mandate of the organization provide opportunities to local SMME/EME suppliers and ensure that these suppliers always deliver good value to the company;
Monitor compliance of supplier developmental objectives;
Organise and participate in Bid Adjudication Committee meetings and keep records of minutes thereof;
Minimum Requirements :
• Relevant degree/diploma in Supply Chain Management, Technical or Commercial;
• Minimum of 8 years in Public Sector Supply Chain Management experience;
• Minimum 3 years managerial experience in the SCM/Procurement environment;
• Knowledge of the PFMA, BBBEE Act, PPPFA and Transformation Charters;
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
• Self-discipline and high motivation;
• Personal credibility and professionalism;
• Good presentation, report writing and communication skills;
• Stakeholder/client interface experience;
• An inquisitive (Research capability) and firm character;
• Have Oracle or any ERP System background.