COMPARE ALL PACKAGES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
POST JOB ADVERTS
SEARCH CV DATABASE
JOBSEEKERS CONTACT US
RECRUITERS CONTACT US
VIEW JOB ADVERT DETAILS
Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
NETWORK SUPPORT SERVICES / SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - 361739
NETWORK SUPPORT SERVICES / SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Information Technology / Web Development / Telecommunications
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
To manage the performance of level 1, 2 and 3 services & support to clients (internal and
external) and ensure that service levels are achieved. To ensure that customer expectations are
met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring staff is meeting and exceeding expectations in regards
to performance, meeting defined benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to
provide effective customer service and meet requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first, second and third level
• Performs staff scheduling to ensure Support Desk and Field Technicians coverage during
business hours and on-call support as required.
• Manages the Field Technician staff including consultation on performance evaluations,
promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
• Provides Field Technicians for day to day support and projects relative to the Desktop, Wide
Area Network, Local Area Network and Telephone functions.
• Ensures that Field Technicians meet the required service levels with regard to capturing,
monitoring, escalating, progress updates and call closure on the company provided Support
Desk applications and software based monitoring tools.
• Ensures that Field Technicians meet the required service levels with regard to attending,
executing, evaluating, rectifying and escalating according to company policy, process and
service level agreements or general operating standards.
• Monitors Service Requests and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution
• Monitor and manage all support levels within the department ensuring that service level
agreements and general operating standards are met.
• Ensures that the required standards are met with regards to the implemented communication
and escalation processes.
• Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
• Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring
problems until permanent solutions are found.
• Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports and service levels
agreements are met and completed.
• Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Field Technicians
are continually carried through.
• Coordinates training requirements of Field Technician personnel.
• Contributes to departmental productivity and development objectives by participating in
• Solves problems and makes decisions on a daily basis relative to Field Technicians
• Serves as the contact for all related support issues, providing advanced technology support.
• Accountable for meeting systems infrastructure or operational Service Level Agreements.
• Responsible for mid and high level relationship management with clients as well as service
providers, which will include day to day operational issues, support, problem resolution,
escalation, meetings and communication of all issues within the support process.
• Ensuring adherence to all company policies processes and procedures by team members.
• Management of Company processes, policies, operating procedures and day to day running
of the business in the absence of higher management, this will include personnel and client
management as well as all the required commitments pertaining to personnel, clients,
partners and service providers.
• Any other duties as requested by Management.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Level of Education:
Essential: Minimum matric/grade 12 qualification
• Relevant IT degree/diploma
• N+ & A+ qualification
• Support desk certification
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in an IT Support
• 2-3 Years’ experience in IT Management
• 1 -2 years of related technical and managerial experience in a IT Support environment
supporting Desktop, Wide Area, Network, and Local Area Network equipment
Knowledge of: (Continued on next page)
• Microsoft Windows bases operating systems, both Server and desk top
• Microsoft Office applications which must include Word, Excel and Outlook
• Micros Systems
• Understanding of SLA adherence
• Basic Protocols - TCP/IP, FTP,HTTP
• Basic hardware understanding – routers servers, workstations, etc.
• Remote Desktop or similar pc remote tools
• Security, backup and restores
• An understanding of the LAN and WAN environment
• Supporting end users across multiple sites/locations
• Internet connectivity - ADSL, Diginet, VPN knowledge, bandwidth prioritising
• Management and decision making
• Ability to interact effectively with people in various functions and at all levels of the
• Project management skills
• Relationship management skills
• Analytical skills
• Valid driver’s license
Package & Remuneration
R20 000 per month
Not yet registered?