Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
COLD STORE LOGISTICS MANAGER - 324458
COLD STORE LOGISTICS MANAGER
Transport / Logistics / Warehousing / Storage / Distribution
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Job Order no.
Duties & Responsibilities
• The successful candidate will be responsible to oversee the movement, distribution and storage of refrigerated finished goods by ensuring the application of best practice stock management principles.
• The job holder will be responsible for the ongoing development of staff, motivation and productivity.
• In addition the candidate will be expected to have the ability to develop and maintain accurate reporting systems to measure departmental financial performance and the introduction of cost saving measures as identified.
• Effectively manage stock rotation and space utilization.
• A team player in order to satisfy internal customers and suppliers thereby ensuring effective product flow to the market.
Desired Experience & Qualification
• The ideal candidate will have a recognised tertiary qualification in logistic, warehousing, commerce or similar.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant management experience preferably in a refrigerated perishable goods environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Sound business acumen skills with the ability to analyse and interpret financial and statistical data.
• Sound knowledge of people practices and the management of discipline.
• Proven experience of MS Office.
• Be able to apply risk management principles to the department in order to implement measurable risk reduction.