Duties & Responsibilities
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Deal with various customer requests e.g. sending invoices, statements etc.
- Attend to customer queries, i.e. claims from customers due to shortages, quality related issues, etc.
- Report on account performance
- Calculation of interest and debtor’s days
- Being introduced to and maintaining relationships with debtors
- Assist with other ad-hoc tasks, analysis and projects as and when required
- Daily/weekly/monthly reporting to manager on outstanding debtors pertaining to date and amount of
- General office administration
- All other tasks and related duties as expected from the employer from time to time.
To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and
experience of the post holder.
To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with
the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course
of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
To comply with Hume International Policies.
To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities
of the position and the needs of the service.
This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and
emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Minimum qualification and experience:
- 3 Years Debtors experience
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Syspro experience will be advantageous
- ABSA funding experience will be advantageous
- Intermediate to strong Excel skills for the purpose of compiling detailed and complex reports for
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Flexibility and agility
- Able to work within a large team of diverse personalities internally and externally
- Able to work in a highly pressurised environment
- Able to report effectively to management
- Needs to work independently and without supervision
- Deadline driven
- Customer focus
- Excellent telephone etiquette accompanied with outstanding customer service delivery
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Quick and efficient feedback