Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS AND CORPORATE LAW ASSOCIATE - 367374
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS AND CORPORATE LAW ASSOCIATE
Legal / Litigation / Lawyers
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Our client is a Global Auditing Firm and they are looking for a Senior M&A Corporate Lawyer to join their Management Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Core Professional Technical Capabilities
• Strategic Impact - Implements the strategy within area of business through a detailed plan including client targets to achieve revenue
• Budgets / Profitability - Identifies innovative solutions to enhance / renew service offerings to market
• Delivery Excellence - Able to lead projects and provide strategic direction across the account to deliver a superior client experience
• Executive Presence - Able to project confidence, establish credibility with, and influence clients at all levels
• Global Mindset - Able to adopt a global approach to networking, building eminence, and assembling teams to best serve clients and maximize engagement economics
• Risk Strategy - Able to leverage a keen understanding of the client’s strategy to influence and advise client’s senior leadership on key risk decisions
• Sales & Business Development - Able to sell potential and current clients on our client's services and negotiate profitable transactions for the Firm
• Counsels and Develops Boards of Directors - Able to enable boards of directors to make strategic decisions and effectively perform their oversight duties
• Sets Corporate Governance Vision - Able to help clients transform their corporate governance infrastructure by defining a clear, insight-based strategy
• Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving - Facilitates innovative solutions to client problems and drives changes to processes or ways of working based on new trends/recent developments
• Technology Tools and Solutions - Demonstrates advanced knowledge of service line or market specific technology solutions
• Good understanding of business principles
• Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Inventory, WIP and Client Management Experience
• Previous working experience in the international market would be advantageous
• Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Leadership / Behavioral Capabilities
• Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model and inspires others to embrace and live our purpose and values
• Competitive Edge - Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
• Influence - Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
• Performance drive - Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
• Strategic direction - Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
• Talent development - Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
• Inspirational Leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires follower-ship through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Must have an LLB
• Must have at least 7 years post articles experience
• Must have at least 5 years in mergers and acquisitions and corporate law.
• Must be an admitted attorney or an advocate
• B Com / Science / Financial basic degree to an Arts / Social Science degree
• Must have an LLB
The candidate should have an excellent knowledge of the Companies Act, 2008 and be able to run an M&A transaction largely independently. They must have superior drafting skills and be able to draft the usual suite of corporate documents (including at a minimum sale of business, sale of shares, shareholders agreements, memoranda of incorporation, cessions, security documents, loan agreements.) A good knowledge of the BEE Act and codes of good practice would be preferable. Good industry knowledge would also be beneficial in one of our client's industries (eg. financial services, consumer, TMT, ERI etc).
An ability to build good client and internal relationships is critical. They need to be a self-starter in the sense that they need to be able to source their own work whether through building their internal relationships or bringing clients with them.
Must be a tech-savy person.
Package & Remuneration
market related and negotiable