Technical Claims Consultant (Trucking)
Reputable UMA based in the North of Johannesburg urgently seeks to appoint a Technical Claims Consultant.
This position is not workshop based and is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to advance a career in the motor vehicle industry. The claims technician is responsible for enforcing claims policy, the authorisation and processing of claims as well as assisting our clients with their claims queries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handling claim authorisations and processing documents.
• Evaluating repair costs and invoice administration.
• Understanding warranty/insurance documents and benefits, guidance will be given.
• Handling claims queries both telephonically and via email with corporate clients, policy holders, workshops/repairers, parts suppliers and colleagues.
• Appoint and manage assessors.
• Compile technical reports when requested.
• Monitor and maintain policy details and enforce policy claim procedures.
Experience and minimum requirements:
• 10 years practical Diesel/Commercial Vehicle Experience required
• Experience processing commercial warranty and/or insurance claims
• Experience with passenger vehicles beneficial
• Fluent in English and Afrikaans (verbal and written)
• Extensive understanding of all mechanical and electrical systems applicable to all the commercial vehicle categories
• Background knowledge of modern repair techniques along with diagnostic and electronic procedures.
• Computer Literate