Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
LEGAL SECRETARY - 314414
Legal / Litigation / Lawyers
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Reference Number : AP45770
• Calculating and monitoring yields
• Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and completing third party applications
• Daily follow-ups on outstanding requirements and documentation
• Creating, maintaining and entering information on Syspro
• Logging of credit applications on CGIC
• Maintaining of all accounts on CGIC/Cregalink with regards to change in limits, terms and any changes in legal entities.
• Maintain all HDI files
• Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• Investigate the facts of a case
• Research and analyse the implications of case law, legislation and regulatory matters that affect the company and provide feedback to the Legal Services team
• Researching legal precedent, investigating facts or preparing legal documents
• Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for review and case preparation
• Assisting with queries regarding accounts on Syspro, CGIC cover and outstanding documents on application
• Prepare legal documentation for review by the Legal Services team ensuring compliance with procedures and applicable laws
• Co-ordinate legal and contractual projects ensuring that tasks are completed on time and within budget
• Manage the receipt, delivery and accessibility of legal documents.
• Develop systems to manage legal documentation, ensure accuracy of information and allow due diligence
• Perform general administrative tasks to ensure Legal Services function effectively
• Gather and analyse research data such as statutes, decisions and legal articles, codes and documents.
• All and any other related tasks as required from the employer from time to time
• To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director, commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder.
• To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
• To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
• To comply with the company’s policies.
• To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the position and the needs of the service.
• This job description is not an exhaustive document but is a reflection of the current position. Details and emphasis may change in line with service needs after consultation with the post holder
+-1 Years’ experience
5 Years’ relevant experience
Relevant qualification advantageous
Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite
Experience in working with conveyancing software packages
Conveyancing experience will be a bonus
Candidate who has worked in a corporate environment with established systems e.g. medical aids, insurance, conveyancing practice etc.
(anywhere where being organised and having strong administrative skills would be essential)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Meticulous attention to detail
Strong command of the English language
Organisation and administrative skills
Ability to work independently as well as in a team
Ability to effectively manage high work volumes
Professional conduct and correspondence with internal and external parties