Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
PLANT ENGINEER / ENGINEERING MANAGER - 370220
PLANT ENGINEER / ENGINEERING MANAGER
Manufacturing / Production / Trade
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Based in Roslyn our client is requiring a Plant Engineer to manage and continuously improve the engineering function in the factory to achieve higher level machine availabiltiy and reliability withing the cost and budget constraints. Ideal applicant must have a Mech Eng Degree and GCC and GMR in FMCG manufacturing industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
To ensure that the engineering function maximizes machine availability and efficiency
• To assist in the maintenance of machinery and equipment.
• To support Production in order to achieve production targets.
• Ensure that all statutory and procedural requirements are adhered to.
• To achieve budgeted maintenance related costs
• To lead the engineering workforce
• To ensure continuous improvement in the factory
• To assist in the optimization of production costs
• To ensure that all company buildings and assets are suitably maintained
• Responsible for capital expenditure
• DIFR – Target based on fiscal year as base
• Internal Audit: Previous year audits as base, increase compliance
• Conduct Legal Compliance: Audits and produce action plans to reduce non-compliance by 50%
compared to previous year.
• Equipment downtime reduction
• Effective team complementing skills set, 2nd tier leaders
• Calibration of team and identification of leaders for development annually.
• KPA’s implemented for all Aligned positions according to standards - annually
• Timeous submission and targets achieved - annually
CONTROL INFORMATION AND CHECKS
• Down time reduction
• Maintenance Budget
• Labour Budget
• Machine Performances
• Monthly budget report
• Personal supervision by superior.
• Checks by factory inspector.
• Quality checks: customer complaints and test records
Desired Experience & Qualification
Relevant Degree Engineering mechanical / or similar
GCC and GMR
Required to be on call at all times
Computer literate MS Office - Advanced
Be able to plan, delegate and organize within defined timelines