Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT HAS EXPIRED...
HEAD OF PROGRAMMES - PAEDIATRIC & ADOLESCENT HIV - 348483
HEAD OF PROGRAMMES - PAEDIATRIC & ADOLESCENT HIV
Healthcare/ Pharmacies / Hospitals / Medical / Emergency Services
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
Paediatric-Adolescent Treatment Africa (PATA) is an action network of frontline health providers and facilities, offering a powerful platform for regional collaboration, linkage and learning to effect positive change in paediatric and adolescent HIV service delivery.
PATA is recruiting a Head of Programmes, a skilled senior manager with proven implementation and delivery skills who is also motivational and a visionary leader.
The Head of Programmes will oversee the implementation of our Annual Operational Plan and drive the organisations strategic objective to improve the quality of paediatric and adolescent HIV prevention, treatment, care and support. You will manage a portfolio of projects across 9 sub-Saharan countries from Cape Town, accountable for their delivery by a team of junior and senior managers spread across multiple funders. The stakeholders you will engage with include funders, global and regional networks and partners, health providers, community partners, policy makers and Ministry of Health personnel.
Your skills, experience and knowledge portfolio will include HIV, health care, systems strengthening, strong programme and people management, stakeholder liaison and support, fundraising, strategic formulation and planning, as well as being a first line contributor to research, materials, case study development and change advocacy.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Head of Programmes enhances PATA’s visibility and profile through excellent performance in:
1. Leading and managing PATA programmes and staff
2. Donor and stakeholder liaison and reporting - supporting fundraising
3. Aligning programme management with strategy, human resources and finances
4. Evidence gathering and contributing to research and publications development – documenting lessons
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Masters’ degree in social science, public health and development – a nursing or associated health background is preferential
• A minimum of 7 years regional and multi-level HIV and/or health programme management experience which has included strategic development, organisational management responsibilities and working relationships with HIV programmes, the public health and NGO sectors
• A minimum of 7 years proven staff management, supervision and mentoring capability
• Along with excellent communication and writing skills, must be able to translate findings into service delivery recommendations, research abstracts and articles/briefs
• Demonstrated success in fundraising and competent experience in donor liaison and reporting to international donors
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Willing and able to travel globally and throughout sub-Saharan Africa on a regular basis
• Must be in possession of permanent residency and eligible to work in South Africa
• Fluency in English (written and oral) required; French and Portuguese language proficiency desirable
Package & Remuneration
Salary is commensurate on experience and is market related.