Share this job with your friends, family and co-workers...
THIS JOB ADVERT IS STILL ACTIVE...
INTERNAL AUDITOR - HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY - 368045
INTERNAL AUDITOR - HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY
Healthcare/ Pharmacies / Hospitals / Medical / Emergency Services
Wage / Salary:
R - Market Related - P/M (Per Month)
Cape Town, Western Cape
• Chartered Accountant – CA(SA)
• Must have at least 2 years post articles experience in Internal Auditing
• Must have served articles with a big four firm
• Experience in the healthcare industry would be an advantage
• A Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification would be advantageous
• Must have in depth knowledge of International Standards on Internal Auditing
• Must have knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
• Must have knowledge of relevant financial legislation
• Must have strong technical audit skills
• Must be methodical with strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Highly proficient in MS Excel
• Must have the ability to build relationships with key personnel
• Must have the ability to work under pressure
• Willingness to work after hours when necessary, in order to meet service requirements
• Assess, evaluate, and monitor the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the organizations internal control systems.
• Identify improvements and enhancements to the internal control systems.
• Risk Management - Identify risk areas and implement controls and systems to address these.
• Investigate breaches of internal controls.
• Review policies and procedures and make changes when necessary.
• Draft and implement new policies and procedures as and when required.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are kept up-to-date and circulated to the relevant personnel.
• Obtain a thorough understanding of the operating environment – research applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, frameworks, and best practice in order to demonstrate a technical understanding of business processes, risks and controls being audited.
• Identify, evaluate, and assess significant risks.
• Design audit procedures and audit programs to address the significant risks identified in the business.
• Ensure efficient and effective execution of audits in terms of agreed audit programs, deliverables, and deadlines, producing quality working papers which adequately support conclusions, findings, and audit objectives.
• Conduct audits to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Draft internal audit reports to clearly communicate all findings and deficiencies identified during the course.
• Ensure that all findings have been communicated to management in a timeous manner.
• Obtain and assess feedback from the relevant parties to ensure that all findings reported are resolved.
• Ensure that the necessary corrective action is taken by conducting follow up audits.
• Provide value-adding recommendations to enhance the effectiveness and/or efficiency of the areas under audit.
• Maintain and administer the FS Intel system.
• Review and approve price adjustments on a daily basis.
• Prepare weekly and monthly catering reports for management.
• Review the results of the weekly kitchen stock counts, and report findings to management along with any recommendations.
• Review the sessional payroll on a weekly basis.
• Review the permanent payroll on a monthly basis.
• As an Authorised Signatory, review and approve supplier payments on a daily basis.
• Review the daily Clinic Manager audit trails, including all Adjustments.
• Reconciliation Clinic Manager to the Bank Statements on a monthly basis.
• Prepare Cathlab & Oncology stats.
• Process Therapist Billing for all Life skills Units on a monthly basis.
• Attend the bi-annual pharmacy stock count to observe the count, conduct test counts, and report findings back to management along with any recommendations.