Ensure assets are well managed and controlled
Control Assets (Fixed, Cash, Inventory, Debtors, Creditors and others) – ensure processes and procedures are in place to ensure proper control is applied. ▪ Have regular internal audits and stock counts
Maintains and Ensure Financial /accounting internal controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures: creating procedures and controls which are lacking.
Ensuring all accounting transactions entered into accounting system is controlled and processed timeously according to General Accepted Accounting Practices(GARP) o Document financial transactions (Journal Entries, Invoices and other) to ensure proper controls are applied.
Substantiate financial transactions by supplying controlled auditing documents.
• Prepares monthly financial reports by producing IS , BS, Cash Flow etc., analyzing and summarizing account information and trends; provide detail and summarized reports as required by CEO and Shareholders.
o Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting results..
• Create and improve SOP’s in all departments
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Manages, Prepares and enters payments on bank (COD, Creditors, Forex , Payroll) by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements – preparing paperwork for Directors
• Complies with local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by assisting Pecsser team, providing support and information where and when needed.
• Control and protect access to Financial System.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Understand tax and forex
• Have a minimum of five (5) years working experience after completion of Degree, also have basic IT experience
Have worked in a Company with a turnover of more than R 100m
Experience in creating and managing financial controls
Experience in managing outside branches
Be hands-on and assist the CEO in managing the assist and risks.
Be able to demonstrate the ability to be part of a small management team and adding value
Be able to demonstrate the ability to create a winning Finance team.
Be an excellent communicator
Ability and willingness to learn the business
Proven Ability to manage remote sites
Duties & Responsibilities
Tertiary qualification in Finance and Accounting (BComm) as a minimum.
Understand tax and forex
Syspro – Accounting package will be an advantage
Excel at an advanced level